Plini appreciation.

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Hey dudes. During the holidays I decided to put down a little vocal idea I came up with over Plini's "Tarred and Feathered", off his "Sweet Nothings" EP. The melody is something I would sing in the car along to the song, and decided to record it. It was just something fun and with Plini's blessing, I posted it online. Check it out! It never hurts to be inspired by something as good as this song. :)

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/cascadeofcollapse/vocalized-and-feathered-tarred[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Just had to add to the appreciation; absolutely love the Sweet Nothing's EP. It just warms your soul. Favorite moments are the second solo in the Opening track, dat bass riff from Away though, and when the heavy guitars come in near the end of the title track. It jus all falls into place marvelously through its 17 minutes of awesomeness.

Lots of moments on the record where there's just so much power, either in a subtle way or in your face. Every song paints a vivid picture of emotion; it's impossible to deny how inspiring this is! Thanks Plini!!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I seriously love the artwork just as much as the music itself. Track is definitely different from what he's done so far, but it's awesome I think!

source field

Reaction score
I like the new song a lot more than the previous stuff. It reminds me of early 90's Dream Theater & LTE meets Vai.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I seriously love the artwork just as much as the music itself. Track is definitely different from what he's done so far, but it's awesome I think!

In case you didn't know, the artwork is done by an old SSO goer Alex Pryle (Prydogga). He's a really great guy and gosh his artwork nowadays is just next level!

As for the song, it's solid Plini. He just never lets you down and gets better every time he comes up with something.

Tizzer

Reaction score
Awesome playthrough of Atlas by the man himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu30pc1acE0

I like the casual lap playing :lol: Seriously though, he's the man. I just recently sent him a message with some music I made and he was kind enough to listen and send me a reply. He even complimented my playing! (which I assume was just him being nice, because his playing is about 1000x better than mine). I'm glad this thread exists, he deserves more attention.

Sebski

Reaction score
Plini/prh: Dunno if you're gonna answer but what are your next plans? Are you gonna keep on working towards free EPs or a full length? I'm a big fan of your more recent kinda jazzy/prog EPs that you've been doing recently. I love the use of different instruments like you have been doing in Heart, for example, and the more tinkly synthy sounds that seem to be your trademark kinda thing, but if you could do a full length in a similar effort, that would be incredible.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
Plini/prh: Dunno if you're gonna answer but what are your next plans? Are you gonna keep on working towards free EPs or a full length? I'm a big fan of your more recent kinda jazzy/prog EPs that you've been doing recently. I love the use of different instruments like you have been doing in Heart, for example, and the more tinkly synthy sounds that seem to be your trademark kinda thing, but if you could do a full length in a similar effort, that would be incredible.

i have to record and release the final EP in that trilogy, and after that im gonna tackle a full length. but i want it to be 100% real instruments (besides some synths i guess), and probably conceptual in some way, so it might take a while to put together haha. and my music will always be free with the option of donating / buying physical items :)

Sebski

Reaction score
i have to record and release the final EP in that trilogy, and after that im gonna tackle a full length. but i want it to be 100% real instruments (besides some synths i guess), and probably conceptual in some way, so it might take a while to put together haha. and my music will always be free with the option of donating / buying physical items :)

Cheers for the reply mate! Wasn't actually aware the EPs were part of a trilogy. Looking forward to it!

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you have separate downloads on mediafire instead of just doing a name-your-price through Bandcamp?

ONE

He who is cake.
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you have separate downloads on mediafire instead of just doing a name-your-price through Bandcamp?

I think it's because Bandcamp only let's you give 100 or so songs away for free until they force you to start charging. Also I think the Mediafire downloads are only on MP3 while the Bandcamp ones come in higher quality formats (maybe), so I guess a bit of incentive to buy it (again maybe).

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
Ah, that sucks. Mediafire just seems like a sure way to get computer superAIDS lightning-fast.

jawbreaker

Breakin' the jaw.
Reaction score
GUISE! Does anybody have tabs for Selenium Forest? Or Opening? Or both albums ;)

')