Plini appreciation.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
14:00 - Theeeeeeme!

It's a pity that the store is paypal only or I would have snatched a physical of the special edition.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spilla

Reaction score
Love it.. now just need to get the play count up!

plini2_zpsqg1xtvb2.jpg

Lungo

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Ola Englund on Facebook and he posted a link to Plini's new recordings so I went and had a listen. That was three hours ago. I've sat here and listened to everything on his bandcamp page. Some of it two or three times. I love it and want to get this stuff into my iTunes. My question is: I want to support Plini, so would he benefit more from me making purchases from bandcamp or iTunes? Does it matter?

I'm new to ss.org and most the music you guys probably grew up on. I've been a rock/metal guitar player since the 80's and all this new stuff is giving me a shot in the arm and a whole new love for guitar playing. I feel like a newbie all over again. Listening to new stuff is so refreshing.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Ola Englund on Facebook and he posted a link to Plini's new recordings so I went and had a listen. That was three hours ago. I've sat here and listened to everything on his bandcamp page. Some of it two or three times. I love it and want to get this stuff into my iTunes. My question is: I want to support Plini, so would he benefit more from me making purchases from bandcamp or iTunes? Does it matter?

I'm new to ss.org and most the music you guys probably grew up on. I've been a rock/metal guitar player since the 80's and all this new stuff is giving me a shot in the arm and a whole new love for guitar playing. I feel like a newbie all over again. Listening to new stuff is so refreshing.

Go with Bandcamp. I personally have a been a huge fan of his for a couple years and so I threw him a bunch of extra bones when I bought the End of Everything today cause the man deserves it for all the great music over the years that I've enjoyed.

Plini, love the new EP man, fantastic. Listened through three times this morning and am now listening to the whole trilogy straight through. Such good music.

What timestamps are Chris and Jakub's solos at? Just epic intro and outro on the new EP. Awesome!

TeeBag

Reaction score
The new EP is awesome brah. The live drums are a great addition. I am looking forward to a full length from you!

Masoo2

Reaction score
For anyone wondering the vocals come in at 2:10 in the first track.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
Damn I dont want wombat astronaut to end. Really I dont want any of the songs to but that one really got me and paper moon is such a great closer when you put it in the trilogy perspective. If listening to all three albums from start to beginning its a perfect end track. Damn good job Plini!

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
So I just started this, and am immediately given chills by a reprise of one of my favorite parts from one of my favorite Plini songs.

This is gona be good.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
i've listened to it a few times. I ADORE finding little references and motifs. It's like an easter egg hunt.

Sebski

Reaction score
The first release I've heard in a long time to exceed my own expectations.

Wombat Astronaut is incredible, and I wish it lasted longer. I was a bit disappointed that the music felt like it was building up to a climax but then it just ended. Although I guess Paper Moon makes up for that as being the grand finale.

Also, Minneman's drumming is sick.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
The writing of a real drummer definitely did add a sweet dynamic to it. But that's not what impressed me the most, it's the fact that the last two releases had programmed drums on them and they sound just as awesome to me.

Gives me some hope whenever I start programming my own drums that I can take the time and have something really nice come out as a result.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
This album sonically just sounds so rich and complete. I really really like the last two records, but this just feels and sounds so thick and real. Still digesting it, but really enjoy it. The guest solos are great as well!

prh

Plini
Reaction score
thanks dudes! glad youre digging :) marco definitely smashed the fvck out of it, and the funny thing is he only spent a few hours on each track from learning to recording... and i thought some of it was gonna be challenging :lol:

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
thanks dudes! glad youre digging :) marco definitely smashed the fvck out of it, and the funny thing is he only spent a few hours on each track from learning to recording... and i thought some of it was gonna be challenging :lol:

I'm sure it would've been challenging for a human. But not Marco. :lol:

Ramburger

Reaction score
I get chills every time I listen to the build up + solo around the 5:00 mark of Paper Moon. Is this the solo by Jakub Zytecki? It gives off a different vibe than the others. Also props for all the callbacks, and the Heart clicks at the end(or should I say the beginning?).

prh

Plini
Reaction score
I get chills every time I listen to the build up + solo around the 5:00 mark of Paper Moon. Is this the solo by Jakub Zytecki? It gives off a different vibe than the others. Also props for all the callbacks, and the Heart clicks at the end(or should I say the beginning?).

yup that's him! pure taste, loveeeee that solo

')