Plini appreciation.

spilla

Reaction score
Was thinking today:

Though i love The End of Everything... and the drumming on it, Marco really did a great job. I kinda miss Plini's drumming. Would love to hear a remix/release of those songs with the programmed tracks Plini had lined up for it.

That is all?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
Was thinking today:

Though i love The End of Everything... and the drumming on it, Marco really did a great job. I kinda miss Plini's drumming. Would love to hear a remix/release of those songs with the programmed tracks Plini had lined up for it.

That is all?!

if you're still interested in like ten years maybe i could do a rerelease with that kinda thing haha. for what it's worth though, his drumming on the first two tracks is pretty close to what i had programmed (just nicer), and my programming on Paper Moon was really bland cos i knew he'd come and demolish it haha.

and i suppose this is as good a place as anything to invite anyone in or around Sydney to come to my first gig! should be a good one, great line up and so far from rehearsals the band are killin it! :agreed:

Cb02pp3.jpg

spilla

Reaction score
if you're still interested in like ten years maybe i could do a rerelease with that kinda thing haha. for what it's worth though, his drumming on the first two tracks is pretty close to what i had programmed (just nicer), and my programming on Paper Moon was really bland cos i knew he'd come and demolish it haha.

and i suppose this is as good a place as anything to invite anyone in or around Sydney to come to my first gig! should be a good one, great line up and so far from rehearsals the band are killin it! :agreed:

Haha!

<-- Sets event in Iphone calendar to remind Plini in 10 years time!

Ill be coming down to your show... really cant wait! Will you be selling any merch... like shirts/hoodies with the show date on them? That would be cool.

bzhan1

Banned
Reaction score
Just found out about this dude, top of the playlist. How do these youtube guys have such good production? Sounds as good as any professional album

spilla

Reaction score
Concert was wicked, Plini and co sounded great! Bought a signed tshirt and cd with all three albums on it. Plini's a really chill dude, looked right at home on stage! The Helix Nebula and Glass Ocean were also really good. Great night, glad I was able to make it down.

DXL

Reaction score
^How long were they playing Away that the other guitarist had time to grow a beard? :lol:

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't find one..so I'm starting one now in anticipation of the hype he has been building up. All these tours and new riffs on social media...

Also, I wanted to ask, has anyone seen them live with Ne Obliviscaris? That seems like one crazy good show, but I can't find anyone who saw it!

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
I wish I could see him and Sithu play live. Both awesome artists. I first heard Plini when he came out his Sweet Nothings EP and I was hooked instantly. Not only is he an inspiring guitarist, he's a kickass songwriter.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
He truly is. To think that those first two albums were purely, 100%, one person...it is a little crazy. All of the parts just fit so well, with amazing flow.

I really do wish they would visit the states.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Made even more awesome he has his master's degree in architecture (or something similar to that). He got the idea for the song Ko Ki while he was in Vietnam doing his graduate project I think.

Oh, and he's pretty damn young. I think he's 22 or 23.

jackfiltraition

Reaction score
Got to see him live along with The Helix Nebula (AMAZING) at a fairly intimate venue a few months back... pretty good. Prettaaaayyy, prettaaaaaaaay, prettaaaaaay... pretty good.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Made even more awesome he has his master's degree in architecture (or something similar to that). He got the idea for the song Ko Ki while he was in Vietnam doing his graduate project I think.

Oh, and he's pretty damn young. I think he's 22 or 23.

Haha I remember seeing something funny in the youtube comments after he released his second album. something like:

"plini, ever gonna play live?" plini: "let me finish my degree first!"

degrees and music making are hard

')