Plug That Shit! Current Projects:

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm currently working on acoustic material with a friend of mine as well as some solo material. My band has been put on hold because of a problem with the drummer's foot/ankle as well as a major low point because of a few bad...okay..horrible, practices.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've basically started over with my band. New drummer, bassist, and 2nd guitarist. Our sampler, Zach, and I are the only original members left. The search for a singer has begun. The guys have started to pick up the material pretty nicely but it'll be a while. We may change the name too.

Reaction score
Right now I'm in the middle of writing music for my project, Sand & Water. I started it when I was a junkie in my old band, Only the Buried Know. Shitty local metalcore worship of Lamb of God and Between the Buried and Me. Their guitarist and I would play things after practice that sounded closer to something that should've been on the Neurot label than Willowtip or Victory Records. At the time, we came up with a couple of band ideas like "Adolf and the Hitlers" and "That Pot Is Green," which actually had nothing to do with marijuana. Anyway, we decided we would play every style we were good at, but give it a strict ground in Metal. Shortly after that, the lead guitarist got caught with pot, and being the oldest member in the band - not to mention the only one who could drive - it was my fault. Apparently I sold drugs, yet I was poor. Weird.

Anyway, I took it as a sign to get to work and concentrate on my own music. Originally, I adhered to a strict six-string philosophy, but as I began listening to bands like Textures, Coprofago, Mnemic, and various Drone/Doom bands I began to realize my need for something deeper, so I started buying any instrument I could to record with. My original ideas were fucking horrible. Simple power-chords, music without scales, all the stuff an idiot does. Anyway, I gave myself time to kind of stew in music I was getting into, and then a pretty strange mix came out.

I took influence from The Clash, Coprofago, Hyatari, SunnO))), Meshuggah, Textures, Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad, Neurosis, Isis, Old Man Gloom, Coldplay(I'm a piano player), Yob, Cave-In, Charlie Hunter, Allan Holdsworth, Buckethead, Disillusion, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, TesseracT, Red Sparowes, And You Will Know Us By the Trail of the Dead, The Arcade Fire, Lykathea Aflame, Wormed, Jerry Cantrell, Tom Petty, and a laundry list of other musicians. So, for the past few months I've moved everything into this corner, amp, guitars, pencil, paper, picks, pedals, all that, and I've been writing gunslinger-style. Whenever it hits.

I've been talking to several people, a friend I know from DC++ who can help record some Haake-ish drums, and I've got into contact with Jewish Filipino who's in the local scene. Lastly, a friend I had in high school who's got this shitty recording place where I'm going to record the demo. That should be in a month or so.

The thing that I geek out on it, though, is songwriting. Some of the stuff I've used to write these songs is just strange. I've got atmospherics utilizing the quartal scale system, like stuff Allan Holdsworth plays in, but the notes are mostly harmonious with a pinch of dissonance, so I put on an ass of echo and I pulled out this atmospheric section. It's extremely simple when you read the tabs, but undecipherable because of the overlapping repetitions(http://media.putfile.com/Atmospheric-Melody). Another thing I've kind of adhered to is structure inconsistency. When people review an Ephel Duath album or something like that, they bitch about it sounding like an incoherent mess. I've done that, to an extent, but it's for a progressive reason. One song I'm working on is a Death-Drone song. That atmospheric section will overlay the tranistion and let the typical Death riff move into background noise until it turns Drone(http://media.putfile.com/Death-Drone \ The riff blows, yeah, it was just something I had on-hand as a warm-up, and wanted to get the idea recorded). I use a Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon to manipulate the distortion. If you turn the low down on the range, the tone almost oozes out of the guitar. I've also got sections where I've integrated middle-eastern octave-jumping and drone strings. The soundclips are all raw and unrefined, by the way. Perfection can wait until the album's recorded.

So yeah, I'm kind of a theory geek.

Zane

7newb
Reaction score
I have Been making Beats and recording songs that suck...But im getting better i think. Starting to learn more music theory instead of just playing songs i like , i want really bad to creat some cool material. Working like crazy to buy a decent amp. Trying to get a band together because playing music with other people is intoxicating....So yah its been a sweet Almost full year since i picked up an electric guitar and its been CRAZY FUN

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm startin up a ska band, seein that my last band kinda tanked. We're covering "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest. I'm really stoked about this band.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
Breakin' the Ska! A Ska version of that song would be awesome.

My band's guitarist/vocalist is on vacation so when he gets back were going to finish up our songs and rent a studio for a few days and get a demo out there. Hopefully after that we gig.

Richardscuro

Reaction score
My new band Dread Effect is up and running. We just played our first 2 shows last month and they went really well. Dread Effect is as heavy as my last band (Chiaroscuro) but a little more listener freindly. The band is a 6 piece with drums myself and my buddy Brandon Crow on 7string guitars sharing lead duties, my brother on bass, a keyboard player and a dedicated lead singer and frontman. I am having a great time with these guys and our website is finally up. If you guys check out our songs on our website just remember that they are rough demos and not as polished as our future album will be.

www.dreadeffect.com

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Finally starting up a band. Hopefully I'll be able to get it together. I have a guitar player, and we have a meeting/practice today. Were both learning some songs and working on playing together smoothly. Putting out another ad. Maybe it will work out.

Sebastian

Reaction score
My band.. well it isnt complete, we need a vocalist, hope well find one

angryman

Djentleman
Reaction score
Mynydd y Garreg, Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
My Band DRAG THE LAKE are in the studio this weekend finally putting the finishing touches to our new Ep.
Can't wait to hear the finished product, it was sounding huge when i last heard the un mixed tracks so it should sound massive when it's properly mixed & mastered.

RISKY

still got my no-no
Reaction score
this is what I use 7 for.
SYD-BARRET.gif

http://www.myspace.com/sydbarr3t

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
My band, Faded Beauty, is struggling to get back on track.

I didn't get into Angry Agency when I auditioned for them.

I'm also working on getting my solo project going.

Tubbs Mcgee

Wobbled away
Reaction score
I hope somebody likes the songs on my 2 sites:

Iumentus and Visionarium.

Iumentus is just my own crap, while Visionarium is my band's stuff. Comment if you can, I really need some suggestions, especially on my own stuff. These are full-time projects, and not just silly little things in do in my spare time, so... yeah. Comments are nice. I might even give someone a cookie if they comment!

Nic

Reaction score
http://www.myspace.com/msrp
I think we've decided to call it "rave-metal" if that isn't already a genre. I just got Reason though, so the new stuff has some orchestral stuff in the vein of Juno Reactor as well.

')