Pod farm vs amplitube vs guitar rig?

• Thread starter whitechapel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

whitechapel

Reaction score
i want to get heavy tones from one of these programs to get a deathcore type sound which one has the best variety of good metal amps and effects pedals etc.. also is there such thing as a program that you can simulate drum sounds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThrustTony

Reaction score
also is there such thing as a program that you can simulate drum sounds?[/QUOTE said:
Superior Drummer is a great drum program.

Great sounds and a load of options.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Out of those I'd go with podfarm. Haven't used Amplitube though. I have Guitar Rig and have not yet managed to get a good heavy sound out of it.

This is good pod sound for example (imho) :yesway:
Check out the Joey Sturgis productions in general since they're all pretty much just pod. Those things are cheap too :lol:

whitechapel

Reaction score
Yeah I probably will use pod farm because it comes with the tone port gx and one other thing do triggers allow you to get snare and other drum effects?

ThrustTony

Reaction score
Yeah I probably will use pod farm because it comes with the tone port gx and one other thing do triggers allow you to get snare and other drum effects?
You can use triggers to trigger the sounds in Superior Drummer.

You can then play about with your drum sounds in Superior Drummer and your recording software depending on how you place your drums in your recording software.

You can seperate your drums out to different channels in your recording software and put effects on those channels.

Superior Drummer comes with it's own mixer as well

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
You can use triggers to trigger the sounds in Superior Drummer.

You can then play about with your drum sounds in Superior Drummer and your recording software depending on how you place your drums in your recording software.

You can seperate your drums out to different channels in your recording software and put effects on those channels.

Superior Drummer comes with it's own mixer as well

One thing to be aware of though, is that Cymbal triggering is VERY difficult.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I've never used POD farm, but I actively use Amplitube, Guitar Rig 5, and Revalver III.V. Guitar Rig is my favorite, though the amp models are the best on Revalver. With guitar rig, the key is to find good cab Sims to compliment the amp and effects models, which are great.

whitechapel

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting revalver is it worth the money or should I stick with pod farm

mlabonte

Reaction score
Stick with pod farms. You're not going to get handed tones that are perfect. You need to take it step by step and work on a tone. Go listen to anything on Rise records. Done with Pod Farm,

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
I use amplitube. Its ok.. I have a pretty hard time getting a heavy rhythm tone im satisfied with. Ive heard people get great tones though but most of them were using redwire impulses. Id be interested in hearing how to get a good tone from stock amplitube. But i have no problem getting a great lead or clean tone from it. The bass tones are great too.

Big Rich

Reaction score
i use pod farm, ive never tried any other pc modeling software. pod farm is awesome, dload the metal pack with the uber and the diezels. its alot of fun to mess around with. after messing with it youl learn tricks to make it sound good.

i mainly use the uber, 5150, silver jubilee and SLO amp sims on it and they sound pretty sick when setup right.

the bass sims on it are pretty decent also

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting revalver is it worth the money or should I stick with pod farm

Download the Revalver demo yourself and give it a shot. It doesn't let you save and it adds a periodic noise, but you'll get an idea of what tones you can achieve with it. FWIW, Revalver has, in my experience, been the most realistic modeler I've tried. The amp Sims respond like real amps- so much so, that you can even tweak the circuits (change physical component values, tube types and characters, ect)

whitechapel

Reaction score
I really like revalver because it includes the 6505 head and I heard that's a beast for metal

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
You should try Lepou's free plugins, I use Lepou Legion and get awesome tones out of that. I still use Guitar Rig 4 in front as a compressor, tubescreamer and noise gate. Then I run Lepou Legion before Lepou Lecab (an impulse loader) with two recabinet mesa boogie impulses.

I've not tried either pod farm or amplitube, but since the Lepou plugins are free they're all worth a shot (Lecto, Le456, etc).

LePou Plugins

Oh, and I still use Guitar Rig 4 for cleans and effects, some of them are fantastic! And for bass as well, it's just that it's really difficult (not impossible mind you) to get a good distorted tone out of it.

Here's a track where I've used my Legion signal chain for distorted tones and leads and Guitar Rig 4 for cleans and bass.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39302626/02 Orion.mp3

Hell, I even recorded my entire album using using that Lepou signal chain and guitar rig 4 for cleans!

')