Pod HD bean or line 6 ux2

• Thread starter eurolove
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eurolove

Reaction score
Basically i would like something for bedroom playing/recording/practicing, but i don't know what would suit me better, im looking to create my own tones/patches. the ux2 is a lot cheaper and has all the tones from pod farm, so what makes the bean HD more expensive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Totally new amp modelling...There's not even a comparison get the HD and you won't regret.

okaymike

Reaction score
I have the TonePort GX and I'm now thinking of getting a Pod. I find the fact it has to be connected to a computer quite annoying, I read other people saying this before I bought it but thought "I'm always on the computer anyway" but I still don't get on with it. I find myself distracted when I have the internet there because my computer's infront of me, which hinders my practice. Generally I don't bother practicing with it and play unplugged because I get it out, plug it in (I use a MacBook so I can't just keep it on a desk always set up) and just fiddle with the UI for hours.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Basically i would like something for bedroom playing/recording/practicing, but i don't know what would suit me better, im looking to create my own tones/patches. the ux2 is a lot cheaper and has all the tones from pod farm, so what makes the bean HD more expensive?

Totally new amp modelling...There's not even a comparison get the HD and you won't regret.

^This. The difference is night and day. Features are relatively the same, just using much newer technology and the difference is easily noticeable. You also have the benefit of offloading the processing from your computer and the POD is also rather portable.

SwampAshSpecial

Reaction score
I'd go for the Pod HD - POD Farm is nice, but not as nice as they new HD modelling stuff, and because its a standalone unit the POD HD is much more portable and convenient too - if you get the ux2 you're tied to a computer, and as portable as laptops are, the bean is still more convenient.

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
Just to be clear, are we talking about the POD HD bean or the board? they both look pretty tasty and I have been wondering which I should go for as well.

eurolove

Reaction score
Just to be clear, are we talking about the POD HD bean or the board? they both look pretty tasty and I have been wondering which I should go for as well.

bean, the hd500 board is nice but in the uk its just too much more for me, the bean has more features than the hd300 and hd400 and the same amount of amps as the hd500, but doest have all the switching.

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
I can buy you the board if you send me the money. It's 400 USD for me to get here since I have a US address on base. well, I know that sounded like "Give me your money, I won't steal it..." but if you want help, I'm here buddy ;) hate the UK prices myself... why the hell would I buy a new 7321 for 700 quid when I could buy it for 700 dollars...

')