POD HD Desktop test tone

• Thread starter Rev2010
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
POD HD test jam 1.3K EQ by illusionbank on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Made a short 1 minute recording messing with a Mesa amp tone yesterday. I double tracked each left and right guitar so there are 4 guitars playing with a bass, though the bass is a bit too low in volume.

**Disclaimer - This is not mixed or anything, I only used a little post EQ'ing on the guitars. These are just plain Jane generic riffs, not any real work of mine, and I did not spend much time on this so it's rough. As a result please excuse any lack of tightness in the playing and also the drums are just grooves I quickly threw in from Superior. This was mainly to just get a check on the tone and figured I'd share. I quite like it actually. Needs some tweaking of course, but for a quick effort on a Sunday afternoon I'm quite impressed. Can only imagine with some real tweaking and mixing what can be pulled out of it.

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Sounds cool; a bit like Eklund's tone in that it almost has a "hollow" quality to it...which I rather liked about his playing style and amp choices.

But you're right...could do with a bit of mixing.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks man. The hollow thing most likely is just the bass being too low in volume, doesn't sound too hollow to me but when I first exported it the sound was a bit too muffled so I did the 1.3k boost on the guitars and also dropped the volume on the bass and drums. I clearly lowered the bass too much but as I said, it's just a quick throw together. I wasn't going to spend further time tweaking the mix for a sample clip of generic riffs :)

Rev.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Heh, I feel like I bombed at the Apollo, only one reply so far? OK, well I'll only bump this once. Just want a little extra feedback if possible, positive or negative it's all good. It's understandable of course, at this point since the POD HD has been out so long there are way too many POD HD test tone threads so I know it's been played out already :D

Rev.

Blazerok

Reaction score
As a POD HD(500) user, I found your test clip pretty cool, although i usually prefer my guitars a bit brighter. I thought there was something weird going on with the cymbals, but i understand it wasn't the point of your audio clip!

Anyway, I'm sure you can get great results with a bit further tweaking. The Pod HD is a powerful tool, and while i'm no expert in any way, i think i got some pretty cool tones out of it too!

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I don't know what kinda of music you plan on writing using this tone, but I think it would sound great for some post metal stuff. It sounded similar to Pelican's tone IMO. You could do some real cool stuff with that.

The POD HD sounds good man, your tone sounds really organic for a modeler.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
For the heck of it I also uploaded a clip I made before the last one. It's the same POD HD patch but without a bass playing. It's the same initial patch with it's default EQ, I did the 1.3K boost in the first post clip to bring out the guitars a little more with the bass in there. It's very short and I wasn't going to post it but what the heck. It's also just some generic crap riffs I did, I typically never use any good riffs for tone test posts :)

POD HD Dual amp test EQd by illusionbank on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Rev.

')