POD HD, SD2.0+MF, Ibby RGD7421, metal

• Thread starter danieluber1337
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

danieluber1337

☻☺☻☼☺☻☺
Reaction score
I present Bounds, somethin I've been workin on for a while.

Stuff used:
  • Reaper
  • Superior Drummer 2.0
    • Metal Foundry
  • Crappy programmed bass
    • TSE B.O.D.
    • RedWirez impulse
  • Ibanez RGD7421
  • POD HD bean
    • Angle F-Ball model
    • Treadplate model
    • Some random clean models

I think the drums are a bit low, and I apologize for the brickwall dynamics, but I think it ain't too shabby!

What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SomeChump

Just a Chump
Reaction score
Just downloaded this and gave it a listen, I really dig it. I can tell you didn't sit down and write this in one day which I can appreciate. Sounds really good! I really dig your guitar tone. :D

EDIT: I don't think your whole drum kit is too quiet.

I think the Kick should come up a bit, enough to punch through the Bass Track.

I think the Snare should come up quite a bit, it's a little bit buried.

Oxidation_Shed

Nightman.
Reaction score
I think the low end is a bit weird. Basically what I mean is that the bass is so low in frequencies that your 100-200 Hz range is pretty empty. There's no real body to the bass guitar, it's just a low sound. Try giving it a boost in the area just above your kick drum's low end boost. I think that's the reason the mix sounds so thin.

The guitar tone is pretty spot on but maybe a bit fizz at time, what do you have your LPF set to for the main rhythms?

Then the snare is far to quiet, it could also do with some more balls in the way of low mids.

All that said, I love the composition, especially the middle, mellow section. It all sounds great man, well done.

')