POD HD500 mix test (TMF, HD500)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Not too bad, you just need to work on the drums a little bit. They seem quite thin. What amp are you using on the HD500? I use the HD500 as well and I am digging that tone

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Oh very very nice! I am really digging the sound of that...maybe I will god and try that out today. What kind of fx are you putting on the guitars? Just a gate + comp or something?

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
I have two EQ's, compressor, TS and noise gate in there. Delay for solo's...

There is no post-editing done on the guitars, nothing at all. I just slapped the impulse on it and went with it :)

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Overheads are too high. And a tad too compressed as well.

Kick drum... Cut mid range, emphasize highs and lows. Nuff said. :) Oh and proper compression, multiband, if you will.

E: Guitar sound is balls!

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
I do not understand multiband compressors :lol:

Will try to cut even more midrange on the kick... It's pretty much gone already though.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I do not understand multiband compressors :lol:

Will try to cut even more midrange on the kick... It's pretty much gone already though.

Multiband compressor is like bussing your track in four different channels, filtering multiple regions with EQ and compressing the channels individually.

What kick sample are you using? I'm BTW in the phase of buying drum mics (have 7 already :fawk:) and I'm posting my full superior drummer mix with detailed information on plugins. I can also sample my kit pieces - I love my Tama Starclassic Maple set. :lol:

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Alright so editting won't work for some reason.
Anyway, I'm using the 20x24 Haaken kick mixed with the 14x24 GMS from Avatar!

What's the best way of mixing kicks midi wise? Since you can't put two samples on the same key...

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
There is a bass vst but I only use it to provide some low end, because it sounds crappy lol. Turned it down as much as i could without the mix suffering..

')