Pod X3 & DFH test clip, Djent-ish

Harray 18

Reaction score
I just got my X3 and DFH and im using them with Sonar 7. I just made up a little clip just to see how everything sounds. Im not bothered if you like the song, just want to know if you reckon the qualitys any good, second part is now mixed :yesway: . Feedback would be great

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/harray'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=6121509&scid=6121509&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm useless at commenting on production, but can I say that I LOVED THE TUNE!

Awesome dude, i loved the quiet middle... you should make a full tune out of that :hbang:

Harray 18

Reaction score
thanks man
ill probably make it into a proper song after my exams which are next week :ugh:
glad you liked it

Axel

Reaction score
I dig it. I wish I could try it out. At my local GC they only have the X3 live and its not on display ;/

Harray 18

Reaction score
I dig it. I wish I could try it out. At my local GC they only have the X3 live and its not on display ;/

Even so the X3's the type of thing that getting a good tone takes time, like trial and error, especially sense the presets are wank. But when you get the tone you want youl be glad you got the X3

Axel

Reaction score
Even so the X3's the type of thing that getting a good tone takes time, like trial and error, especially sense the presets are wank. But when you get the tone you want youl be glad you got the X3

Well that sucks cuz I hate fiddling with gear :noplease: That's why I love my 5150. I don't have an eq setting per se. At gigs I just usually turn it on and it sounds good no matter what haha :fawk:

ridealot100

Reaction score
Yea the x3 dfinatly takes some trial and error!

I just finally got a good tone out of mine and WOW, so nice!

And Thats definatly a some awsome riffage.

The first 2 weeks I had my x3 It seemed like all I could get were tones compareable to a solid state crate :lol:

The big bottom amp is definatly nifty.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting tone. Kinda cool, actually. Has a real honk-kinda bite, sorta like alot of cabinets can sound. You running it direct, or micing a cab?

The production is pretty good, but there is an odd disparity on the EQ or levels of the guitar from right to left. (Everything on the left sounds louder or clearer. It's subtle, but noticeable on my Sony MDR cans.

Cool stuff, though.

m3ta1head

Contributor
Reaction score
The production is pretty good, but there is an odd disparity on the EQ or levels of the guitar from right to left. (Everything on the left sounds louder or clearer. It's subtle, but noticeable on my Sony MDR cans.

I noticed this as well.

Harray 18

Reaction score
Interesting tone. Kinda cool, actually. Has a real honk-kinda bite, sorta like alot of cabinets can sound. You running it direct, or micing a cab?

Cool stuff, though.

Yer it does sound a bit weird doesnt it, I think it maybe because of the boosted high-mids to keep it sharp. It's an X3 USB'd into Sonar by the way

Yer the right-panned tone is a tad more weak and rusty(?)so to keep the mix sounding clear I had to cut the right tone a bit. With the X3, even sorting out small things like strengthening up a tone a bit takes aaages so I thought I might aswell leave it because Its my first clip ever!! so I just wanted to get it finished.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Sounds good! I can't figure the damn USB recording stuff out on mine >.< I'm almost considering giving up and getting a firewire interface. Blasted technology.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
That's an awesome tune! Make it a real song! And your tone is great too.

I'm bloody impressed.

Latest posts

')