POD x3 owners

• Thread starter slay
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slay

Reaction score
I have been using the v-amp 2 ever since it came out and really like it (except for the wah)

now i have been thinking if i get some tax money back maybe i will get a new processor and some bigger monitors to play out of.

So how is it? does it sound as good as the v-amp2?

It looks kind of hard to get used to, how long did it take you to get comfortable with?

was it worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Does it sound as good?
Dude, the X3 costs about 5 times more (at least it does in Australia).
For that price, it couldn't exactly sound worse could it?:lol:

Seriously though, the X3 absolutely craps on the V-Amp2 for sound quality.
Once I get an X3 Live, I'll only ever keep my V-amp2 for a backup, beause the X3 really does sound quite a lot better.
The sheer bang for buck of an X3 is amazing, it is definitely worth it.
I've heard some people dial in incredibly good tones from them.

slay

Reaction score
right on

i wanna hear the engl powerball setting.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I've used the v-amp 2 for quite a while until switching to the x3.

I can say the pod mops the floor with the v-amp. Everything is a whole lot better, but I guess it's in the FX that the contrast is more evident. It does take longer until you tweak into a good tone, but, when you do, there's no comparison whatsoever.

And that coming from someone who's actually willing to get rid of his pod :lol:. I want real tubes for once, for Christ's sake.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
I use an X3 quite a bit. It can get some really sweet tones. Definitely recommend it. It's obviously not as good as micing up an amp, but good none the less.

cow 7 sig

AU director / RHLC ©
Reaction score
another vote for X3L.love mine :yesway:
worth it? every penny
i worked it all out rather quick but i did spend a full week just playing with and tweaking it.take the time to sit and fiddle and you should be a happy camper.i put my GT6 back in its box.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
another vote for X3L.love mine :yesway:
worth it? every penny
i worked it all out rather quick but i did spend a full week just playing with and tweaking it.take the time to sit and fiddle and you should be a happy camper.i put my GT6 back in its box.

Just out of curiosity... I see that you run your pod through a jcm800. Is it for fx only? I plan to use it that way until I save money for a g major (I mean, after I finally purchase a good amp), and I'd like to know if, when ran in loop, it sucks too much tone from the amp.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
I've gone through Korg (AX1500) , Zoom (G7.1ut) , Boss (GT8) and i've never been as happy as i am with the POD X3.

cow 7 sig

AU director / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity... I see that you run your pod through a jcm800. Is it for fx only? I plan to use it that way until I save money for a g major (I mean, after I finally purchase a good amp), and I'd like to know if, when ran in loop, it sucks too much tone from the amp.

my jcm is being used as a power amp.i dont like the tone of the amp on its own.there is a little bit of tone sucking but the 800 are a fucking loud amp:yesway:

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
my jcm is being used as a power amp.i dont like the tone of the amp on its own.there is a little bit of tone sucking but the 800 are a fucking loud amp:yesway:

Really? Wow. I'm yet to test the pod through a tube power amp to see how it behaves :)

thanks

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Does it sound as good?
Dude, the X3 costs about 5 times more (at least it does in Australia).
For that price, it couldn't exactly sound worse could it?:lol:

Seriously though, the X3 absolutely craps on the V-Amp2 for sound quality.
Once I get an X3 Live, I'll only ever keep my V-amp2 for a backup, beause the X3 really does sound quite a lot better.
The sheer bang for buck of an X3 is amazing, it is definitely worth it.
I've heard some people dial in incredibly good tones from them.

I thought my 120W bugera valve head got decent distortion, but then I got my x3 live, $800... my head is now just a power amp with occasional reverb. :p:p MELBOURNE!!!! WOO

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
i dont know how anyone can use those v-amps, they suck hard, but your in luck, the x3 is going to sound like gold to you if you didnt like the v amp

')