POD XT and MIDI

Plankis

Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible to sync the taptempo with cubase?
Like if I want to record a lead with a nice delay and wan't that delay to be in sync with the drums, how would you solve this problem?

And because I'm lazy I don't want to tap it. :cool:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
Download and use the Line6 Edit software! I am 99% sure that you can adjust the BPM on fx in there :)

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm retarded but can't you just go to the delay on the POD and edit the BPM parameter?

I'm sure downloading the program would be easier..

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm retarded but can't you just go to the delay on the POD and edit the BPM parameter?

I'm sure downloading the program would be easier..

I think you can do that for sure...hehe, but i dont know how, so i just explained the way i do it :)

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible to sync the taptempo with cubase?
Like if I want to record a lead with a nice delay and wan't that delay to be in sync with the drums, how would you solve this problem?

And because I'm lazy I don't want to tap it. :cool:

There will be a way to do it, just get cubase to output a control change message on every beat, and make sure that control change message is what is used by the POD for tap tempo. You'd need to consult both the POD manual and Cubase manual (not a big fan of Cubase, so I couldn't tell you exactly how to do it). It is indeed possible, just will take a slight bit of digging as to how

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
dude...he is too lazy to even tap the tempo 5 times...hehe.. :D

Plankis

Reaction score
There will be a way to do it, just get cubase to output a control change message on every beat, and make sure that control change message is what is used by the POD for tap tempo. You'd need to consult both the POD manual and Cubase manual (not a big fan of Cubase, so I couldn't tell you exactly how to do it). It is indeed possible, just will take a slight bit of digging as to how

It was actually something like this I had in mind.:yesway:

But a mechanical foot would probably be the best solution:idea:

')