POD XT METALPACK

• Thread starter Thom B
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thom B

Reaction score
I recently borrowed my friens pod xt and I must say it sounded very nice when I hooked it up to my marshall. I ordered one and I´m sereously thinking about getting the metalpack add on. My question is : Is it worth the money?(the add on) I am wery interrested in the 5150 mod, does it sound like the real thing, or as clse as it gets. I´m using my demonizer for recording but the pod is going to be used for both recording and live.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard one person complain about the Metal Shop pack. :p

But seriously, I think it's essential. A lot of my best tones are made with the new Metal Shop models.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
The podXT + metalshop is the only reason i got a podXT over my pod2.0

so... YEAH! the metal-shop rules :hungus:

Thom B

Reaction score
Thankyou very much. I have decided I´ll buy the metalpack .I would probably have gotten it anyway, it´s only 49$. Nice to hear some oppinions. Thanks

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Buying the XT without the model pack would be a mistake IMHO. Again, I'm not the biggest line 6 fan in the world anymore but when I had mine I always made sure I bought the metal pack because the stock models didn't have all the metal territories covered. You can get some decent tones from the metal pack. :yesway:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Buying the XT without the model pack would be a mistake IMHO. Again, I'm not the biggest line 6 fan in the world anymore but when I had mine I always made sure I bought the metal pack because the stock models didn't have all the metal territories covered. You can get some decent tones from the metal pack. :yesway:

If you're going to ge tthe MetalPack, then you may as well get all them. Line 6 has a really good deal for getting all of the packs AND it will really up the reselll value of the Pod XT ...the value of which will probably take a nasty nosedive in about oh, 4-5 weeks or so.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
If you're going to ge tthe MetalPack, then you may as well get all them. Line 6 has a really good deal for getting all of the packs AND it will really up the reselll value of the Pod XT ...the value of which will probably take a nasty nosedive in about oh, 4-5 weeks or so.

I'm not getting any of them, I don't have any line 6 stuff. I meant I bought the whole $100 for 3 package when I said I got the metal shop, it was just included in that bundle. It made sense at the time. :yesway: I agree, the XT price SHOULD go down assuming they really do have this X3 or whatever on the way? :shrug:

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Metal Pack rocks. Almost every one of my tones involving a bit of gain is from the MP. I thought my XT LIve was pretty sweet before I downloaded the MP, but once I did it, I was in love.

fatfinger

Reaction score
I would have to disagree with most of you......I did buy the Metal Shop pack and was disappointed............I have found that I can dial in the tones I like by spending a little time tweaking........just putting in my two cents worth......

')