PODxt+Addictive Drums+MIDI bass+fail

• Thread starter LOGfanforever90
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just recording a song for my buddy Tim who's currently fighting over in Afghanistan. He wanted me to dedicate a song to him as a joke, but instead I'm writing an over-the-top song about him with horribly covered riffs lol.

My mix is shit, so I was hoping you guys could give me some pointers on how to get a better mix out of what I'm working with:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4946188/My%20Music/Tim%20new%20mix.mp3

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I dunnu much about mixing but I loved that song. Stairway came in at the right moment :)

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, everything goes together sooo well hahaha I freakin' loved it.
Sorry I can't give a tip really. Maybe bring the snare down a tad to make everything feel a little bigger as a whole?

Reaction score
Glad you like it Vicer! Yeah I agree with the snare being too high, in fact I think the kit as a whole might be a little too high in the mix. I'm mixing on $50 logitech speakers so I'm having a little trouble lol.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit dude. That was awesome!!

Didn't expect the Mastodon at all. But, being a huge Mastodon fan, I loved it :lol:

The entire thing is killer. I couldn't stop laughing the whole time because it surprised the shit out of me how well you put everything together.

The mix - I dunno, I'm just enjoying the song.

Ramsey

Reaction score
This is great! While the mix is decent enough, I love all the various references to other songs.

Good job!

Reaction score
Hahaha that was great. Great arrangement. Can't say I love the mix, the snare is a little St Anger and the overheads a bit loud - needs quite a bit of tweaking but I still dug the track.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Some of the tones there were VERY nicely nailed :hbang: Amazing how you fit this all together! Overheads and snare down - other than that I don't have any criticism :yesway:

quasarwaves

Gates Of Winter
Reaction score
cool tune man - here's what i'd try with that mix...
bring down the high hat volume a tad, then high pass filter the ambient mics and put come compression on them :)

the bass (for me at least) is kinda inaudible... try reEQing some mid-high frequencies into it and push it up a tad in the mix.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great replies! I'm glad you like the song, hopefully Tim will like it as much, and I really appreciate the criticism! I'm gonna try all of your suggestions then I'll post it again when I'm finished.

Ruination19D

Om Nom Nom
Reaction score
This sucks man, I(Tim) am not pleased, START OVER!

jk. It's pretty badass, I LOLed when I heard the CFH riff in there.

<3 you man.

')