Pokemon X and Y Friend Safari

• Thread starter Dillski
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Yeah it's weird, I didn't think the sets were that limited.

That's ok though! Having Tyrogue makes it worth it due to having access to Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Hitmontop! :D

Has anybody gone into my safari yet? I have no idea what my typing is.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Tyrogue isn't guaranteed; you can have 2 of the same and still have a different 3rd Pokemon. I just wish I could be of use before I beat the Elite Four (I'm slow :lol:) because Fro has Fighting type covered until I unlock my 3rd.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Let me know if any of you have Eevee, Aipom, Girafarig, or Mawile in your Friend Safaris. I need good-IVed parents for my eventual Baton Pass Speed Boost Torchic project.

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
Would anyone want to help me with a project? I want to pass down 5 perfect iv's to all of the egg groups. I can give an axew with 5 perfect iv's to get started and we could coordinate who does certain egg groups.

Weimat01

Reaction score
Would anyone want to help me with a project? I want to pass down 5 perfect iv's to all of the egg groups. I can give an axew with 5 perfect iv's to get started and we could coordinate who does certain egg groups.

I thought IVs were random with 2 being passed down from each parent or something, how can you pass down all 5?

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
If one of the parents holds destiny knot 5 iv's will be passed down randomly from both parents.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Yep, which means if you can get several good IVs on both parents, the odds of the child having better ones are reasonable.

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
Alright I will break down how I got mine. I took a x/31/31/x/x/x female fraxure holding an everstone and a x/x/31/x/31/x male Ivysaur holding a destiny knot and bred them until I had a x/31/31/x/31/x female axew. I then took that axew gave it the everstone and bred it with a 31/x/x/x/x/31 gabite holding the destiny knot. I then got lucky and bred a 31/31/31/x/31/31 female axew without using any new babies with 4 ivs. I since then have bred that axew with a male axew with 4 ivs until I recieved a male with 5 ivs. Now I have been breeding them getting axews with 5 perfect ivs quite frequently. Now that I have the male I can also breed into other egg groups and get the 5 ivs much quicker than it took with the original fraxure and ivysaur.

Edit: Also the judge will tell you every stat that is perfect and any stat that is very low. Here is a picture I posted to instagram showing it.
IMG_20131029_190913_zps6d073b9d.jpg

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
I have a female dratini with 5 IV in HP, Atk, SpAtk, SpDef and Speed that I could breed for water 1?

You will need a male to breed the iv's into another egg group. Unfortunately I have only bred one male so far or I would give you one. I will work on breeding into water 2 via Gyarados, after that I will probably do grass or field.

Weimat01

Reaction score
You will need a male to breed the iv's into another egg group. Unfortunately I have only bred one male so far or I would give you one. I will work on breeding into water 2 via Gyarados, after that I will probably do grass or field.

I am breeding one now, although it won't have a perfect def IV. could you trade me something with def to breed it easier?

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
Are you trying to get all 6 perfect? I am online if you're still wanting one with def.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
It'd be good to have some 'mons with 0 IVs in Atk (to breed pure SpA users with minimal confusion self-damage) and 0 in Spe (for Trick Room users). Even more niche would be 0 HP/Def/SpD for Custap Berry leads (if that exists in Gen VI? And moreso for use in singles than doubles). Incidentally, I think this is why the IV guy tells you about 0 IVs now...they too can be part of a legitimate strategy.

')