POLL: Mid level 7 strings suggestion?

• Thread starter jcbakz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    mid level 7
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

POLL: Mid level 7 strings suggestion?

• ESP LTD H-1007

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • ESP LTD MH-417

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • ESP LTD MKH-7

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Schecter SLS C-7

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Jackson SLATXMGQ3-7

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Sterling JP70

Votes: 16 25.8%

• Total voters

jcbakz

Reaction score
this time no ibanez.. since most of my 7's are ibanez.. i want to try something new.
also please share your pros and cons.
this will be based more on quality, playability and comfort.
the jp70 will be blocked..
thanks!

H-1007_STBLK_zps28f0115d.png

MH-417_BLKS_zps5fd85016.png

MKH-7_BLKS_zps605ea8c3.png

schecter_248_zpsc09421df.jpg

2916270585_frt_wmd_001_zpsb91aac65.png

large_zps34d9cbd2.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I put my vote in for the H-1007, but another possible option would be to wait until Schecter has released the SLS series with offset dots instead of that skull. :2c:

BillNephew

Reaction score
I would go with the LTD H-1007, just because I'm pretty happy with my LTD Deluxe EC-1000 I got a while back. It had a couple of high frets when I got it, but that's to be expected for sub-$1000 guitars that are shipped across the U.S., nothing an hour at the workbench couldn't fix.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
SLS C7 when they release the offset dot version

jcbakz

Reaction score
sorry people who voted for the jackson but i posted the wrong image.. the model on the poll was quilted and the image that i placed was a silver burst.. now its fixed! but quilted or silver burst they both look sexy to me :D

@silverabyss any words from schecter when will they release the offset version?

fps

Kit
Reaction score
sorry people who voted for the jackson but i posted the wrong image.. the model on the poll was quilted and the image that i placed was a silver burst.. now its fixed! but quilted or silver burst they both look sexy to me :D

Tbh the picture shouldn't make a difference, ideally only people who have played the guitars should be commenting.

ISRAFEL

Reaction score
I know it's not up there but I vote Loomis. If not that the H-1007.

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
C7 with offset dots! I've heard nothing but good things about the sls series and they're supposed to be a great bargain for your money.

Francis978

Reaction score
I personally would go for the H-1007, played one and it is a great guitar for the price! That and the top is really nice.

jcbakz

Reaction score
I know it's not up there but I vote Loomis. If not that the H-1007.

i had a loomis before and the neck was very uncomfortable for my hands even after a year of playing. i really wish schecter can build an sls type of the loomis :lol:

C7 with offset dots! I've heard nothing but good things about the sls series and they're supposed to be a great bargain for your money.

but anyone know the release date of the offsets?

stevexc

Reaction score
If the 1007 plays anything like my 1001, do it. Literally the only things keeping me from buying that were a) being $200 short, b) not wanting a black finish on a figured top, and c) EMGs.

So 2 out of three were personal preference and the 3rd was just me being poor.

What I'm getting at is do it.

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
i had a loomis before and the neck was very uncomfortable for my hands even after a year of playing. i really wish schecter can build an sls type of the loomis :lol:

I'm not sure yet but from what I've heard I don't think it'll be too long. If the OP decides to buy right away than the ESP H-1007 would be the second best choice.

stevexc

Reaction score
Oh, and the other two I've played are the C-7 and the SLAT. The SLAT I did not like too much, especially next to the Ibby I wound up buying - it just didn't feel great. Looks real classy though, plus lit might have just been the Floyd I didn't like. Overall though I wasn't too impressed. Felt like I was paying more for flashy features than quality.

The C-7 I didn't play for long, but damn, dat neck. if you can get past the inlay, it seems like a solid choice.

studmiester7

Official Logo
Reaction score
I own the AW-7 (not listed on your post), and the Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7. Out of those two, the Schecter is BY FAR my favorite. The satin neck is a must-have, and I love how light the guitar is. The sound is stellar, and the playability on that super-thin neck is astounding. They don't come with the "hells gate skull" inlays anymore; and are shipped with the offset dot inlays instead. Everything about that guitar is amazing. If you're looking for that price range, the AW-7 isn't a bad choice either. I ended up swapping the D'Activators for SD Blackouts, and it sounds even better. Hope this helps.

studmiester7

Official Logo
Reaction score

I believe Schecter told me they started shipping them with the offset inlays last year around August. I received mine a few months ago with the offset dot inlays.

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
MH-417 all the way. I'm quite happy with mine, but I like satin finishes and EMGs so what can I say :lol:

Seriously though, the neck on this guitar is great. It's fast and smooth, and being a tad thicker than a Wizard only adds to the comfort factor. This one is heavier than an Ibanez too, and I consider that a very good thing.

')