Poll: Piezos in your 7

• Thread starter Regor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Do you own a 7-string with piezos?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NewArmyGuitar

Fueled by Satan
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it would be a cool option to have, but I just need too many other things first. Besides, the piezoacoustic setting on my POD isn't too awful.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
I really really really really want one.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
what he means is...

food > RG2027 > *

:D

RG 2027VV > food > *

think about it...would you rather

1) Eat food
2) Play guitar

?

I choose both, but I have a lot of free time these days

widdly

Reaction score
I'm trying to add some to my washburn 7's floyd. Hopefully this weekend I get the preamp finished.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been thinking of putting piezos on my Dean's tune-o-matic bridge, but i'd likely have to do some routing in it to put the piezo controls in a useful place.

Hopefully Jeremy will be finishing up my Leviiathan soon!

danx

Reaction score
as far as i'm aware they don't make a 7 with them in anymore, which is a shame because i want them, how hard is it to add them afterwards, on say a k-7.

Are there any good alternatives, i've hear'd about the ghost version.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I'm still really happy about getting mine, i bought it off someone who'd wrecked the piezo wire so got it cheap-ish for the mint condition it was in (with aftermarket dimarzios) Seriously pleased, although i keep thinking of getting a new body made for it, mahogony with maple top (or ash or something else) just to make it brighter as that's the only complaint i have about it (7strings shouldn't be made of mahogony alone!)

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
I've been wanting a 7 piezos. I would LOVE to put piezos in my Carvin but I have zero experience with them and I dunno how/if it can be done.

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
bostjan said:
RG 2027VV > food > *

think about it...would you rather

1) Eat food
2) Play guitar

?

I choose both, but I have a lot of free time these days

After trying to think of something witty to say.......I give up! You guys crack me up! :rofl:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of putting them in my RG7321 for quite a while. I probably will at some point, but sorting my rig and selling a few guitars to buy a custom is more of a priority right now.

Sleeper

Reaction score
I voted aye, for my beloved 2027. Man, I was hoping to acquire that 2127 on Ebay recently but no luck. I assume it didn't go to anyone here?

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Awakened Sleeper said:
I voted aye, for my beloved 2027. Man, I was hoping to acquire that 2127 on Ebay recently but no luck. I assume it didn't go to anyone here?
There was a 2127 on the bay? Any idea roughly how much it was going for? I really, really want one of those. I could keep the Dimarzios in my 2027, and put EMGs in the 2127.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Dont have one, dont really have the urge to get one...

Mykie

Fatal Havoc
Reaction score
I got an Ibanez S2120XAV Prestege with piezo, but I have seen these 7-string versions, fucking nuts.

VforVendetta00

Reaction score
i had a 2027 and currently have a custom ergo with piezos, i must say i have always hated acoustic sounds, i just can't deal with em, but now i have the ergo set so i can mix both sounds and i love that, i can get the perfect clean with it, enough bite and bottom when mixing the piezo and the neck pickup with the tone down. i doubt i'll be using that setup live but i have a pod and i can just have one patch to do that.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Yep. RG2027XVV. Best (production) guitar ever, IMO, along with them JP7's.

Man, months before I had either, you nailed it right on the head :)

bulb

Reaction score
VforVendetta00 said:
i had a 2027 and currently have a custom ergo with piezos, i must say i have always hated acoustic sounds, i just can't deal with em, but now i have the ergo set so i can mix both sounds and i love that, i can get the perfect clean with it, enough bite and bottom when mixing the piezo and the neck pickup with the tone down. i doubt i'll be using that setup live but i have a pod and i can just have one patch to do that.
HI DANNY!!!

i have a jp7 with a piezo and its really amazing! i love using the combo piezo and magnetic setting when recording clean parts since it lets it cut, but it still gives a nice warm sound!

Latest posts

')