Poll:Possible Agile 8 string wood top finishes

• Thread starter Galius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you like the most?

• Bubinga

Votes: 117 34.8%
  • Spalted Maple

Votes: 143 42.6%
  • Zebrawood

Votes: 76 22.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tirell

Reaction score
intrepid_828_spaltedRB.jpg

GAS!!!

voted spalted maple :yesway:

Reaction score
septor_827_spalted.jpg

The thing about these, they're only gunna look better in real life. Aslong as they don't cheap out on the wood ofcourse. GASGASGAS

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
The spalted ive seen come out of rondo has been hit or miss from what ive seen, but usually looks ok.

Jay Jay

The Djent Plane
Reaction score
I assume you didnt notice the "pro" in the name....meaning neck thru

Ohh, my bad dude!
I guess I kinda just skimmed through and thought you were being like "Would people want it neck-through or what?"
Yes, Neck-through is win! :yesway:

Aurochs34

SDMF, mofos
Reaction score
I've said it time and time again but I'd love to see more barebones models which sacrifice certain features for the quality of wood. A 6/7/8 string baritone length with a nice 1 piece body and 1 passive bridge pickup, hipshot-esque bridge and no fancy finishes would be brilliant. Reverse headstock ofcourse. To get maximum rythm tone for your money really.
:yesway: +2

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The spalted ive seen come out of rondo has been hit or miss from what ive seen, but usually looks ok.

Exactly. There are a couple of photos on there now with none of the "black lines" that make spalts so cool. My guess is that they would, by definition, use cheaper woods to make it cost effective, much in the same way that the flamed tops don't look the same quality as a Carvin, etc. Personally, I can't stand spalts that don't have much figuring. The bass below is from Rondo, and I don't like that level of spalting at all...
hxb405natspalted5.jpg

Malacoda

Fogdiver
Reaction score
^Yeah, that's pretty gross. But maybe these could be in an "exotic woods" category, where the buyer pays a little extra for some nice wood?

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
I would easily drop money on an Agile-8, and would even more readily do so if it was done in spalted maple. I can't attest to what it would look like when done on a budget (as I know next to nothing about wood, sadly), but I know that I do very much like the way spalted maple looks... it would give me an excuse to finally grow a pair and buy an 8. Please make this.

Jay Jay

The Djent Plane
Reaction score
I don't know what I'd like more, a Spalted Intrepid or a Spalted Interceptor!
I'm thinking I'd go with the Intrepid just so that I didn't have the same regular superstrat shape!

I'd really love one of these! I hope these can get done at some point!

Reaction score
On the issue of wood quality; those spalted 6 string teles have always looked fantastic to me. Anything like that would be great!:shred:

jbab

Reaction score
I would buy a spalted maple Intrepid with a maple fingerboard (I'd prefer ebony though) ANYTIME! I hope left-handed models will be available if they do make these!! The zebra wood looks gorgeous too!

')