Poll:Possible Agile 8 string wood top finishes

• Thread starter Galius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you like the most?

• Bubinga

Votes: 117 34.8%
  • Spalted Maple

Votes: 143 42.6%
  • Zebrawood

Votes: 76 22.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djohns74

Reaction score
How do you make those mockups?
EDIT: Wow, I read that question wrong at first, what the hell is wrong with my eyes?

Anyway, I made these in Photoshop, starting with shape layers traced from pictures of actual guitars. From there, it's just a matter of adding some wood samples over top along with some strategic beveling of the edges to add some depth and that's about it. They aren't super realistic, but I've got the layers in the file set up so it's fairly straightforward to swap things around. Apparently these mockups were made more than two years ago! :lol: I also did the original Septor/Interceptor 8 string mockups that were featured on Rondo's site before the first models were produced, which is what these were based on.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
EDIT: Wow, I read that question wrong at first, what the hell is wrong with my eyes?

Anyway, I made these in Photoshop, starting with shape layers traced from pictures of actual guitars. From there, it's just a matter of adding some wood samples over top along with some strategic beveling of the edges to add some depth and that's about it. They aren't super realistic, but I've got the layers in the file set up so it's fairly straightforward to swap things around. Apparently these mockups were made more than two years ago! :lol: I also did the original Septor/Interceptor 8 string mockups that were featured on Rondo's site before the first models were produced, which is what these were based on.

Dude, they look great. Am I actually considering an agile now...:scratch:

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
I know Konfyouzd on here has an Intrepid with a spalted top. I don't know it that one was related to this poll at all though.

djinn314

Reaction score
I would buy a Spalted Maple topped 8 the first chance I got. That's my dream guitar. I've always like the Intrepid body shape too but I am a stickler for inlay's. (vision problems)

CruzDrum

Reaction score
im gonna go for dyed bubinga,i want it to be red-er then the brice bass
bubinga tob maple board with black hold your breaf block inlays alder body maple neck 26.5/28.5 scale black hardware no trem reverse headstock

Lives Once Abstract

Avid Musician
Reaction score
I contacted Kurt about adding Bubinga, Spalted Maple, and possibly Zebrawood tops to the Septor 8s, and possibly the Interceptor 8s and Intrepids all depending on the hastle of multiple variations. The last Septor 8 run was bolt on standards so this would be "Septor Dual Passive Pro". It would be a ways off since the summer runs are already in motion so this is to get details nailed down. Here are a couple examples and we hope to have some more coming, but it seems like a good option to give the Agile 8s an even more custom handbuilt look (Sherman, .........., ECT). Vote for what you would be most inclined to purchase so we can let Kurt know how much demand there would be.

A huge thanks to Dave (djohns74) for putting the time into mockups.

EDIT: What does everyone think about the idea of a "premium pro" (pro with special wood top)?? Mabey have neck thru with rosewood/maple fretboards (Kurt said ebony would likely be too hard to bother with)?? Just an idea as I know the goal of the Agiles is to keep em affordable, but Kurt might be able to work a good price out to make it worthwhile. Just thought I would throw that idea out there.

1. Bubinga
septor_827_bubinga.jpg

septor_828_bubingaMB.jpg

intrepid_828_bubingaRB.jpg

intrepid_828_bubingaMB.jpg

2. Spalted Maple
septor_827_spalted.jpg

septor_828_spaltedMB.jpg

intrepid_828_spaltedRB.jpg

intrepid_828_spaltedMB.jpg

3. Zebrawood
septor_827_zebrawood.jpg

septor_828_zebrawoodMB.jpg

intrepid_828_zebrawoodRB.jpg

intrepid_828_zebrawoodMB.jpg
where did you get these concept pics from?

Reaction score
an 830 version of the spalt-maple capped, Ash bodied, all maple or maple/ebony neck Intrepid would be my next 8 string, hands down. BEAUTIFUL. :bowdown:

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Eww. That Agile spalt was really bland. This was going to be a issue from the start as people pointed out. Round here, spalts are usually attached to some Blackmachine custom monster.

Expecting a nice spalt from Agile is like expecting a PRS 10 top on an LTD.

')