Poll:Possible Agile 8 string wood top finishes

• Thread starter Galius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you like the most?

• Bubinga

Votes: 117 34.8%
  • Spalted Maple

Votes: 143 42.6%
  • Zebrawood

Votes: 76 22.6%

• Total voters

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
I would buy one of each, but the reverse headstock is bad idea (IMO), makes it neck heavy, keep it 4+4 and im in!

I have 2 Septors with reverse headstock. They balance perfect actually. Plus reverse headstocks are better for the ERGs as the higher strings have less length to stretch thus less tension, and the lowest strings get the benefit of their much needed extra tension. String tension dosent ONLY depend on the scale length, the string still has to stretch the lenght past the nut for you to achieve your note. It was funny because when I called Leo at Big City Strings when I needed longer strings for my reverse headstocks, he even mentioned the same benefit of the reverse stock.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
I have 2 Septors with reverse headstock. They balance perfect actually. Plus reverse headstocks are better for the ERGs as the higher strings have less length to stretch thus less tension, and the lowest strings get the benefit of their much needed extra tension. String tension dosent ONLY depend on the scale length, the string still has to stretch the lenght past the nut for you to achieve your note. It was funny because when I called Leo at Big City Strings when I needed longer strings for my reverse headstocks, he even mentioned the same benefit of the reverse stock.

im getting more and more intrigued by this whole concept. i never liked the look of the reverse headstock, but functionality is more important anyway so i may be getting myself a septor next run =)

guitarplayerone

Reaction score

i've heard both arguments for this debate, and i have guitars with and without reversed HS. but anyway... dude... is there any way we could get the option for 30" scale length on this run? i guess 28 5/8" would be acceptable, but i'd really like a 30" option (having tried a 28 5/8" agile yesteraday and being completely shocked when we measured the scale length).

but getting strings for a 30" reversed headstock guitar i guess is a totally different ballpark.

but i would do it.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
i've heard both arguments for this debate, and i have guitars with and without reversed HS. but anyway... dude... is there any way we could get the option for 30" scale length on this run? i guess 28 5/8" would be acceptable, but i'd really like a 30" option (having tried a 28 5/8" agile yesteraday and being completely shocked when we measured the scale length).

but getting strings for a 30" reversed headstock guitar i guess is a totally different ballpark.

but i would do it.

Thats up to Kurt. I just pitched the Septor Pros and natural wood tops for all the 8s to him. If they go over well im sure he will keep expanding on what he makes available just as all the intrepids and Interceptor 8s eventually got 30" versions. Im not sure how limited hes going to want to keep his models as to not overload the factory.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Just a bump to see if there are any people interested that havent seen this yet. Hoping to have the results to show Kurt by the end of April.

Reaction score
cool dude hehe i'm all about a neckthrough sceptor myself.i was wondering though if this would be possible, for example...
13785d1266303057-poll-possible-agile-8-string-wood-top-finishes-intrepid_827_zebrawood.jpg

(hehe just throwing it out there). just for one run? :wub: don't you see the lines! loli really don't like the 4+4 headstock personally

not to mention though, i'd personally be more fond of a sceptor neck-through than an interceptor anyway, as that would give us more options

Never really disliked the intrepid headstock, it's pretty nice for a 4+4; but that looks fucking delicious. I'd love a run of Intrepids with reverse headstocks. Sexual.

Dave Camarillo

Reaction score
I am really interested in a Spalted Maple Septor 828!!! They look insane. Any word on the possibility thus far with Kurt? ETA on that? Thanks!

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I voted bubinga, but I'd be stoked to buy any one of them. The others (especially spalted maple) tend to look a little too busy for me. That being said, they're still gorgeous.
Rosewood fretboard, for sure.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
I am really interested in a Spalted Maple Septor 828!!! They look insane. Any word on the possibility thus far with Kurt? ETA on that? Thanks!

Last I talked to Kurt it would most likely be a late summer/fall run. He sounded like it would be no problem so thats why im trying to get as much info to forward to him.

Reaction score
Bump, for winnage.

This needa to happen. The natural 8s they did were nice but these would be impossible to resist.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Im wondering if other people contacting kurt asking about these would help....
I brought it up a few weeks back to him and he said he would look over the thread and get back to me. If I dont hear anything I may just order a even better version of one of these through the custom shop when it opens back up.

Reaction score
Im wondering if other people contacting kurt asking about these would help....
I brought it up a few weeks back to him and he said he would look over the thread and get back to me. If I dont hear anything I may just order a even better version of one of these through the custom shop when it opens back up.

Just done it.

I've said it time and time again but I'd love to see more barebones models which sacrifice certain features for the quality of wood. A 6/7/8 string baritone length with a nice 1 piece body and 1 passive bridge pickup, hipshot-esque bridge and no fancy finishes would be brilliant. Reverse headstock ofcourse. To get maximum rythm tone for your money really.

Richie666

Reaction score
Damn all of those are sexy! I'd probably go with bubinga, but they're all fucking sweet. I feel like spalted maple would be really inconsistent though.

EDIT: on further thought, spalted maple would look great

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Just done it.

I've said it time and time again but I'd love to see more barebones models which sacrifice certain features for the quality of wood. A 6/7/8 string baritone length with a nice 1 piece body and 1 passive bridge pickup, hipshot-esque bridge and no fancy finishes would be brilliant. Reverse headstock ofcourse. To get maximum rythm tone for your money really.

+1

')