Polyphia New song Rick Graham guest solo

• Thread starter AscendingMatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mandrool

Reaction score
I think these guys are pretty rad! I mean there's those parts where it's just 0-0-0-0-0-0-0 and it drives me insane, but their lead work is ridiculous!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PAZ

Reaction score
Their lead playing is fantastic but I just cannot get into the actual songs. IMO this kind of melodic shred stuff needs a hook or it just sounds like - Ill be it killer players - jamming over a backing track in said key.

Give them a few more years of experience and they are going to be the full deal!

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
They rely almost exclusively on sliding into notes and using half steps to slide into notes. Like everything they play is phrased that way. I guess it's only because I noticed it, but it's kind of annoying. Almost as if they assume that otherwise boring lines can be made tasteful by using this teqnique. That's probably a weird assumption on my part, so never mind :lol:. But with that aside, even if I dislike the whole "modern djent prog" thing, these guys are great players for their age (actually, I have no idea how old they are, they just look to be about 15 or so), so there's no reason to berate them for jumping on board with the current trends.

They DO look like a bunch of justin beibers.. THAT SHRED :cool:

')