Portal (the death metal band, now with actual riffs!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TCOH5246

Reaction score
This is pretty intense stuff, and honestly, at first, I didn't know what the frank was going on. Not the biggest fan of the vocals, but that helmet is effin' boss.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. :yesway:

I really like this band. As I've said before, with a better mix, these guys would gain a lot of popularity.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. :yesway:

I really like this band. As I've said before, with a better mix, these guys would gain a lot of popularity.

I will say this now, and I will stand by it until my heart stops:

I honestly think part of the appeal for me, lies in the fact that the records sound murky, harsh and "bad". Really adds volumes to the atmosphere.

However, I do agree that more people would probably "get it", if the production was cleaner and clearer in some way, but it would totally neuter the impact of the music, I think.

Us poor lost souls who have already been pulled into this maelstrom of batshit insanity wouldn't want it any other way, is what I'm saying.:lol:

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
Yes, the mix really is a crucial part of Portal, you should be listening to it on vinyl, while sipping a fine brandy.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Yes, the mix really is a crucial part of Portal, you should be listening to it on vinyl, while sipping a fine brandy.

...and shivering in the corner trying to keep your fragile mind from unraveling.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Anyways, how do you guys feel about their "side project", Impetuous Ritual?

I for one absolutely love it. In a way it's even scarier than Portal :lol:

sound-byte

Reaction score
However, I do agree that more people would probably "get it", if the production was cleaner and clearer in some way, but it would totally neuter the impact of the music, I think.
if their production was cleaner, there wouldn't be anything to 'get'.

sound-byte

Reaction score
...with a 'better' mix, they would lose most of the essence of who they are. Granted, as sell-outs, they would gain popularity, considering those are the only types of bands that do.
It's not a side project, its a band that includes several members of Portal.
no

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Sitting in a dark room, a thin sliver of moonlight fighting through dense cloud cover and casting sparse shadows across the room. Staring as you watch the darkness around you seem to shift and roll with the music, and hoping that the needle will make it's way through all of the grooves...

before you have to cross the room to refill your glass. :lol:
Though I'd probably just have the bottle with me.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
The new video is pretty ridiculous as much as I hate to say it. It feels too smooth. Watching The Curator rock out on the waterphone also had me rolling.

They should be releasing 4-way split with Aethyrvorous,Grave Upheaval and Profaner before the end of the year. I'm looking forward to it since I love Impetuous Ritual and Aethyrvorous.

in-pursuit

Reaction score
The new video is pretty ridiculous as much as I hate to say it. It feels too smooth. Watching The Curator rock out on the waterphone also had me rolling.

They should be releasing 4-way split with Aethyrvorous,Grave Upheaval and Profaner before the end of the year. I'm looking forward to it since I love Impetuous Ritual and Aethyrvorous.

this pleases me greatly, will keep an eye out.

Reaction score
For all you ..........s leaving stupid negative comments...will you just fucking stop? The guy that made this posts on this site; critique is one thing but bullshit lime, "this isn't even music", is just rude. If people kept doing something similar to Misha he'd probably stop posting here as well because frankly saying shit like that is beyond rude. :noplease:

Dark_Matter

Reaction score
For all you ..........s leaving stupid negative comments...will you just fucking stop? The guy that made this posts on this site; critique is one thing but bullshit lime, "this isn't even music", is just rude. If people kept doing something similar to Misha he'd probably stop posting here as well because frankly saying shit like that is beyond rude. :noplease:

Rage?

I was goofing around, I really didn't read the rest of the thread so I didn't see many people saying the same thing.

My apologies man sorry if I offended anyone, I would never say something like that without joking.

')