Portal (the death metal band, now with actual riffs!)

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
^^I'm sorry but I've yet to see anything lamer than someone quoting their own comment as the best in any given thread:fawk::lol:

Honestly? Lock yourself in a room with some Morbid Angel, Immolation and Beherit and ignore the recommendations of a good 99% of this board:lol: The Faceless this aint.

This is seriously the best comment of this thread and I agree with this 100%:agreed::wavey:
There is a heavy Beherit and Morbid Angel influence there, I mean just ask Illogium!

I remember hearing Beherit for the first time in probably 94 after getting Drawing down the Moon, and my idea behind this music has NEVER been the same since!

Portal is fuckin insane!, I would however like to stop using the word "grim" to describe music! or the other stupid things people use to describe it!:wallbash:

It's just fuckin heavy!:realmad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I love this thread for introducing me to Portal. I have a shirt now. :D:D:D:D
Octopriest. I've listened to a ton of stuff on youtube and I'm going to order the cd's whenever I can. It was hilarious, I was in Lexington, and I found this little cd shop, and they had some shirts, so I was looking in the P's and I thought, "Maybe they'll have Pig Destroyer... *snicker* or maybe Portal, hahaha, jk me, they won't have portal. *turn through shirts and stare at octopriest, gigglegigglebuy*"
How fvkking kvlt and grim am I?
:flame:myself

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow, that was pretty crazy. I might have to go buy some of this stuff.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I'm gonna honest, that was firmly in the "heavy" department... not so much in the "good" department. The counterpoint work between the two guitarists is pretty sloppy. And is that dude wearing a birdhouse on his head? :lol:

Illogium

Reaction score
I'm gonna honest, that was firmly in the "heavy" department... not so much in the "good" department. The counterpoint work between the two guitarists is pretty sloppy. And is that dude wearing a birdhouse on his head? :lol:

Tightness is not the intention, waves of sickness is what we're attempting.

missingastring

What's a guitar?
Reaction score
I have no idea how I've never heard of them, but I'm digging the shit out of everything I've been able to find since reading this thread.

I love this forum.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I found out about Mithras, also one of my favourite Death Metal acts of all time, through this forum. I like to call it "The Goldmine".

Arteriorrhexis

Reaction score
I just realized Swarth released today... From what I hear from it I'm fucking excited.
About to buy it.

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
I just realized Swarth released today... From what I hear from it I'm fucking excited.
About to buy it.
I just realized today when I told my friend the album was coming out on the 20th and he said that was today. I've listened to it a couple times since getting it and its amazing.

x178x

Reaction score
Seriously? What does that contribute to the thread?

I hate over-produced unoriginal acts like the Faceless, I was simply expressing my disapproval. What did you think?

Besides, I already contributed quite a lengthy and informative post on page 7, if you will.

Arteriorrhexis

Reaction score
I hate over-produced unoriginal acts like the Faceless, I was simply expressing my disapproval. What did you think?
:noway:
I think they're a really good band.
But that's not what this thread is about.

Latest posts

')