Portnoy's new job.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
PortnoysNewJob-1.jpg

"Yeah, I'll take two doubles, a side order of fries, and... ummm... and extra large order of trem picking." :cool:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
All joking aside, he's a fantastic drummer, he wouldn't have even the slightest trouble finding gigs/jobs.

Ummm... he has... in Dimmu Borgir. Hence the joke in the first place.

Someone needs to replace metallica as a whole, with clones of themselves from the AJFA era. lol

Nah, I'll live in 2011, thanks. Funny thing is, the only guy in the band worth his salt is the THIRD bass player they've featured.

I don't even get why people focus on them so much. :shrug: Plenty of bands have a sweet spot in their career (often at the beginning, but in the middle in this case)... The responsible thing to do is to forget about them, and focus on decent newer bands or older ones who've kept their shit together... but everyone gets into fits whenever Metallica release a new album, hoping they regain their glory again. :rolleyes:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
^
Dunno, I saw it here. I trust you fuckers to supply me with solid, fact checked information need I entertain you with pointless Photoshops. :squint:

:lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Aw Randy, you stole my joke :( I was gonna post that clip saying I thought he was doing monster movie voices.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Ummm... he has... in Dimmu Borgir. Hence the joke in the first place.

Nah, I'll live in 2011, thanks. Funny thing is, the only guy in the band worth his salt is the THIRD bass player they've featured.

Here take my flame shield

I know a shitload of people who basically worship Cliff Burton

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cliff Burton had the most obnoxious bass tone and riffs on the planet Earth. Bass players that wish they were guitar players FTL.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed. Not to go off topic (too late), but I could never understand why people worshipped him so much. I wonder if, had he lived, he would have succumbed to the same banality that plagues the rest of the band.

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Yes, I just quoted The Dark Knight. Deal with it.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
deal-with-it.gif

Also, I got turned off to him in that "Cliff 'em ALL" tape where he's stoned and sounded like a total fucking moron, and then his... IDK how to even describe it "bass solo".

No.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Cliff fanatics are hilarious as well as depressing. Someone being dead DOESN'T MEAN THEY WERE A BETTER PLAYER.

But seriously if Portnoy ever served me food...oh god.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Cliff fanatics are hilarious as well as depressing. Someone being dead DOESN'T MEAN THEY WERE A BETTER PLAYER.

But seriously if Portnoy ever served me food...oh god.

As long as you don't have to take vox with that it might be alright. :lol:

Latest posts

')