Possible 2010 Ibbys

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Just to add my two cents, what I'm seeing here is:
Top Row: Red RGA7 with Edge, Black RGA8 with floyd (both look like Buz's customs!!!) and flat black RGA6
Middle Row: Six string RG in new finish, RGD6 in silver
Bottom Row: Iceman Bass, SR Bass, New bass shape? (I don't know a ton about basses)
Table to the right: RGD7 in Flat Black, NEW JEM/Jcustom?
Floor: New Darkstone series guitars, in purple quiltburst and black

The 7s have enticed me. I'm a poor college kid who's never bought new gear but the time may have come. 2010 is definitely the year of the seven :agreed:

That J-Custom with the stars has been around for a while, posted up in Jemsite sometime ago. Great axe but the stars ain't for everybody.

Also that purple DN looks amazing.

RGA and RGD, hot damn I don't care either way, I want them both! And IF that RG8 comes with a trem.... :ninja: EDIT: YES THEY DO!!!! Time to sell a body part and family members... :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Those RGDs look cool. :yesway:

I'm not sure if they're $2k cool however.

You shouldn't forgot that does are list prices on there. So the street price should be something around 1.5k.

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Those RGDs look cool. :yesway:

I'm not sure if they're $2k cool however.
Even so, you'll have to buy one just for the thread title: NDG's NGD!(RGD). And if you don't like it, S you in your A, don't wear a C, and J all over your B.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Might have to sell a few 6ers. That new shaped 7 and the RGA7 are calling me. :squint:

Nice to see the RGAs have nice finishes too and not those shitty sparkle paint jobs. :metal:

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
Might have to sell a few 6ers. That new shaped 7 and the RGA7 are calling me. :squint:

Nice to see the RGAs have nice finishes too and not those shitty sparkle paint jobs. :metal:
If the RGA's didn't come in those disgusting sparkle finishes they would have been worth buying.

This thread is GAS city.

Dan

Reaction score
damnit, all i wanted was a reversed headstock... JUST ONE!!!!

for christs sake ibanez, will you EVER listen to your market?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
damnit, all i wanted was a reversed headstock... JUST ONE!!!!

for christs sake ibanez, will you EVER listen to your market?

They certainly listened to those who wanted colorful finishes, more 7, more 8, and more RGAs.

Plus, this is a VERY small sampling, there could be some RGRs.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is likely to be everything Knowing ibanez .... but I am not disappointed

There is gonna be more, as that is just the Japanese market guitars. Not a whole bunch more, but definitely something. Ibanez hasn't given every market the same options in decades.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I've totally gone off dots, I don't mind sharkfins. They've been done to death now though and they tend to look goofy on a 7 string neck (and I would like to be clarified on this :) )

I just don't really like most inlays anymore :shrug: Although I think the small dots look okay on those models, I think small offset dots would be the sex :agreed:

Just to add my two cents, what I'm seeing here is:
Top Row: Red RGA7 with Edge, Black RGA8 with floyd (both look like Buz's customs!!!) and flat black RGA6
Middle Row: Six string RG in new finish, RGD6 in silver
Bottom Row: Iceman Bass, SR Bass, New bass shape? (I don't know a ton about basses)
Table to the right: RGD7 in Flat Black, NEW JEM/Jcustom?
Floor: New Darkstone series guitars, in purple quiltburst and black

The 7s have enticed me. I'm a poor college kid who's never bought new gear but the time may have come. 2010 is definitely the year of the seven :agreed:

If there is a RGA with a floyd as a production model... I shit you not, I will fucking cream my pants. Seriously. One of the reasons I didn't go with an 8 string custom was because I couldn't have a floyd rose on it, I'm that much of a die hard :lol:

I really like the new JP-esqe RG7 though, that seems pretty awesome. I have a feeling that my guitar after this BRJ is going to be an Ibby ;)... Fuck spending that college money on college, I need GEAR!!!

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I just had a thought - perhaps those Darkstones are Prestiges! If so, that's awwwwwesome. I'm real pumped! That guitar and a blue RGA7 would be similar to the guitars Epica's players just had made for them by LACS.

Shinto

ss.org lurker
Reaction score
Just saw this posted by another forum member in the sixxer section, I don't suppose anyone can read Japanese?!?!?! SOMEONE PLEASE READ THIS!!! :scream:
I don't think it talks about the guitars individually; if they did they would probably have written something in Western letters/romaji (RGD, RGA, RGsomething...).

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I don't think it talks about the guitars individually; if they did they would probably have written something in Western letters/romaji (RGD, RGA, RGsomething...).

Damn, that's probably true.

The one thing about the RGA7 and RGA8 being buz's customs, I'm wondering if that's not true because he's not shown in the pictures. Granted, it's not like he needed to be there for his guitars to be shown, but I know I'd like to be where my guitars are being gawked over.

BTW... I just thought of something epic.

RGD8 :eek:

HammerAndSickle

Guitar Comrade
Reaction score
Years ago (literally, at least 3) when I first started looking at this site/sevens, Buz mentioned that Ibanez was considering interest in an RGA7 and that they wanted to use his LACS as the prototype. Then, Tak Hosono who works at Ibanez posted on Jemsite saying he had been pushing the idea to Ibanez but it wasn't to come to fruition. Every year since, both summer and winter, people have brought the same two posts up in support of the idea that the RGA7 was coming. AND NOW IT HAS :scream:

And even in the grainy pics, you have to admit the left one looks like his RGA7 in red quilt and the black quilt one looks like the RGA8 he was pushing on here earlier.

')