Possible 2010 Ibbys

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't believe they are Buzz's, as his LACS RGA did not have a trem. His could have been the inspiration/precursor, but that's certainly not the same guitar. He did sell it after all. As for the RGA7, the one Buzz received as was shown off at the 08' NAMM was both neck-thru and a far lighter toned red.

It's possible that his LACS guitars were inspiration, but given the differenced seen in THESE pics, I'd say they are legit.

The guitar on the table to the far right with all the inlay work is a new J-Custom (but not VERY new). There was a thread on it awhile back, and you can even see it on Ikebe. It's the JCRG9670Z.

At least you get the fr...I've never even seen one in real life.

Canada gets all the different FR series, both the FR1620 and FR2620. If you haven't see the FR try asking a dealer to order one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I don't believe they are Buzz's, as his LACS RGA did not have a trem. His could have been the inspiration/precursor, but that's certainly not the same guitar. He did sell it after all. As for the RGA7, the one Buzz received as was shown off at the 08' NAMM was both neck-thru and a far lighter toned red.

It's possible that his LACS guitars were inspiration, but given the differenced seen in THESE pics, I'd say they are legit.

The guitar on the table to the far right with all the inlay work is a new J-Custom (but not VERY new). There was a thread on it awhile back, and you can even see it on Ikebe. It's the JCRG9670Z.

It did have a trem. :scratch:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It did have a trem. :scratch:

It didn't have a trem. What it did have was a locking fixed bridge.

DSC02382.jpg

See, no pivot points.

To clear things up, the first RGA I was talking about was his RGA8. Sorry if I worded it poorly.

HammerAndSickle

Guitar Comrade
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that these WERE Buz's guitars. I meant that they're obviously heavily influenced by his LACS. I guess there was a confusion.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
It didn't have a trem. What it did have was a locking fixed bridge.

DSC02382.jpg

See, no pivot points.

To clear things up, the first RGA I was talking about was his RGA8. Sorry if I worded it poorly.

Sorry I thought we were talking about his 7, I shouldnt have spead read. And I assume from the pics and from what Ibanez does is that the RGA8 will have a fixed edge bridge anyway.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry I thought we were talking about his 7, I shouldnt have spead read. And I assume from the pics and from what Ibanez does is that the RGA8 will have a fixed edge bridge anyway.

It's all good. :)

From the looks of those pictures, there is a trem bar sticking out of the bridge on what appears yo be the RGA8.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I thought that too but it's just Ibanez already has the Edge 3 FX, and I didn't think they'd want to start making a new bridge, although they'd pretty much be leading the market with an Edge Pro 8 or something like that, against 8 string strat trems and kahler 8.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought that too but it's just Ibanez already has the Edge 3 FX, and I didn't think they'd want to start making a new bridge, although they'd pretty much be leading the market with an Edge Pro 8 or something like that, against 8 string strat trems and kahler 8.

They already made an extended (7-string) version of the Edge Zero as seen on the RGD2127Z. I don't think it would be too hard for them to simply expand the baseplate on one of their various other trems.

Who knows, that RGA8 could just be a supped up "show" model.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I wanted to buy Buzz's RG8 so bad. Im going to be the first to have both 2127's though. :fawk:Oh the pic of both will be posted most definitely.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I'd prefer mahogany too but I don't mind as long as it plays well.

fabe_sd

Reaction score
I am not really sure about an RGA8...what i see in the top shelf is a RGA6 with trem, a RGA7 with trem and a S6 with Trem (from left to right). If you compare the thickness of the necks (the middle one obviously looks wider) the necks of the outer top row ones seem to be the same size as the middle row, which definitly are 6ers. I also dont see tuners on both sides of the headstock on the top middle one, so no 8 string.
That´s what i see...

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I am not really sure about an RGA8...what i see in the top shelf is a RGA6 with trem, a RGA7 with trem and a S6 with Trem (from left to right). If you compare the thickness of the necks (the middle one obviously looks wider) the necks of the outer top row ones seem to be the same size as the middle row, which definitly are 6ers. I also dont see tuners on both sides of the headstock on the top middle one, so no 8 string.
That´s what i see...

RGA8 has actually been rumored about before, and when I zoom in on the picture you can clearly tell that there is a size difference on the pickups on the top right two guitars, and the one on the left is definitely a seven. Following standard rules of logic, because the other one appears to have larger pickups, it seems to be an 8 string. But I'm not using the best software in the world, so it is possible that you're correct sir :)

Either way, I'm still happy about the RGA7 finally happening and I'd be super jacked if an RGA8 came out with a vibrato :yum:

Monk

Reaction score
Looks like an RGA8 to me.

Also, does anyone notice that the neck scale lengths of the three RGAs appear to be the same? Either they shortened the RGA8 to 25.5", or they are all 27"...in which case I'll DEFINATELY be buying an RGA7. :shred:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
There is no RGA8 in those 2 pics on the first page, there are 2 RGA6's and an RGA7. Note the distinct lack of a 4+4 headstock=no 8.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
There is no RGA8 in those 2 pics on the first page, there are 2 RGA6's and an RGA7. Note the distinct lack of a 4+4 headstock=no 8.

So not having a 4+4 headstock means its not an 8?

Ibanez can really build whatever they want, I don't think they HAVE to use the 4+4 headstock on an 8 :shrug:

EDIT: Actually... Upon further inspection, I think Adam is right. The sixes on the row below it seem to have the same pickup width as the top/leftmost RGA, while the RGA next to it seems to have wider pups.

')