Possible 2010 Ibbys

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
literally I am sporting some wood right now......this is gonna be a good year for Ibanez and a bad year for my savings.....

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Although the RGD is definitely similar to the EBMM - Take a look back thru the Ibanez Story book and you will find that exact guitar body modeled in clay in the early 80's. It was refused by Mr. Hoshino because, as he put it, it looked too much like a "PotatoCaster"....

Glad to see its making it to the light of day - lol

:yesway:

But you wont be buying it will you rob? :lol:

Dei

Doomjent
Contributor
Reaction score
If the first RGD is cheaper then a JP7 then I'm gonna crap my pants and buy one. :D

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm hoping the RGD models come with a fixed bridge option as well (the bridge on the RGA is hot, as is the Edge-FX). :wub: I'm sure the bodies will be basswood though, which IMO is kind of a bummer... if they turn out to be mahogany and not cost $2K I'd hit that in a year or so when I have some funds. :agreed:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes when doing a lot of really fast (almost trem) strumming chords, I'll move to around the neck pickup. Get a bit of a different sound. Actually, strumming distorted chords near the neck pickup is quite common :scratch: You guys never do that?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Sometimes when doing a lot of really fast (almost trem) strumming chords, I'll move to around the neck pickup. Get a bit of a different sound. Actually, strumming distorted chords near the neck pickup is quite common :scratch: You guys never do that?

Yeah same, but I lift away straight after so I don't think I'd have a problem with the switch placement.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think I lift up. Hard to say without actually doing it, depends on the pattern and how into it I am I guess :lol:

HammerAndSickle

Guitar Comrade
Reaction score
IMG_1553.jpg
Just to add my two cents, what I'm seeing here is:
Top Row: Red RGA7 with Edge, Black RGA8 with floyd (both look like Buz's customs!!!) and flat black RGA6
Middle Row: Six string RG in new finish, RGD6 in silver
Bottom Row: Iceman Bass, SR Bass, New bass shape? (I don't know a ton about basses)
Table to the right: RGD7 in Flat Black, NEW JEM/Jcustom?
Floor: New Darkstone series guitars, in purple quiltburst and black

The 7s have enticed me. I'm a poor college kid who's never bought new gear but the time may have come. 2010 is definitely the year of the seven :agreed:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Looks nice, seems like someone else takes a hint from how comfortable ESP's viper and F series bevels are

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Those RGDs look cool. :yesway:

I'm not sure if they're $2k cool however.

')