Possible singlecut version of the Ibanez BTB coming?

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So, Ibanez is showing off some models at the Bass Player Live exhibit, and if you notice in this picture...

578095_656371894402636_799512560_n.jpg

2nd one from the left, there's what looks like a singlecut version of the BTB 6-string.

Seems interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Yes. And like I said on the TB thread, in 7 string please! :shred:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'd like to see that, too.

And honestly, I'm digging this version of the standard BTB, and I hate funky singlecut shapes like that.

Abrod

Reaction score
I would take the doublecut version personally; however, its and interesting concept.

But if they don't give me a 6 string ATK soon.....

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I see a lot of love for the wonky singlecuts on bass forums. :lol:

Also, something else from BPL. From MXR:
1394457_10151856016193500_918289347_n.jpg

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
I love the look of singlecut basses, and I think it works really well with the shape of the lower horn on the BTB.

If this is a hint at a future production model, I'd definitely check one out if/when they're released.

Also, that Ibanez Grooveline looks pretty cool.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whoa, forget that BTB, look at that extended fingerboard unlined fretless SR! :yum:

That said, a single cut BTB would be killer. As has already been said that's a popular configuration in the boutique/custom world since the 80's, I'm surprised it's taken so long for more mainstream builders to catch on.

Think dunlop is going to try to make a move on Darkglass? I'm interested to see how that goes over!

Eh, Darkglass is getting tons of hype and is starting to get more popular, but they're still an ant among giants in the bass pedal-pre game.

If anything they're probably trying to grab a little more of the market from Sansamp. They've been trying that for years now.

Also, that Ibanez Grooveline looks pretty cool.

inb4: Temjinstrife's Grooveline H8. :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Throw some D-Tuners on that fretless and you'll have an instant pseudo-Manring setup. :)

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Since i don't know anything about wood or building guitars, what exactly is the benefit of that single cut? because to me it looks terrible :(

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since i don't know anything about wood or building guitars, what exactly is the benefit of that single cut? because to me it looks terrible :(

Like most things in the instrument world, it depends on who you ask. :lol:

Personally, I just dig the aesthtics.

Some bass makers take advantage of the extra support given to the neck and make the neck uniformly thinner all the way down to the heel.

angus

Reaction score
The non-tapered neck blank in the body looks awful, and super cheap. Ruins it for me.

I like the fretless Soundgear next to it, though.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Like most things in the instrument world, it depends on who you ask. :lol:

Personally, I just dig the aesthtics.

Some bass makers take advantage of the extra support given to the neck and make the neck uniformly thinner all the way down to the heel.

In theory it gives you a stiffer neck therefore more stability and more sustain. Not sure how much of a difference it makes in reality. I just think it looks cool.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In theory it gives you a stiffer neck therefore more stability and more sustain. Not sure how much of a difference it makes in reality. I just think it looks cool.

A stiffer neck isn't a better neck. I rather have a neck that needs minor seasonal adjustment than one that twists or fights the truss rod from doing it's job. Neck bow isn't a bad thing, and like shims in the other thread, is often needed to get guitars to play the best.

Also, how is a stiff neck supposed to enhance sustain?

Latest posts

')