Possibly my last guitar purchase EVER

• Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Congrats!

And the RGD7421 is a great axe. Comfy neck and pretty good hardware. Pickups aren't great but hey, that's an Ibanez for you.

But I can't stress a used Japanese Ibanez enough (like an RG7421/7621 or an RG7620). The necks on them are just soooooo comfortable! Something you could definitely sit on for a while.

Also, great for modding if you want an affordable change in the lineup!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I've had plenty of MH 400s and one M 1000. RGDs are solid. I'd say it's between the RGD and the M1000 if it was my personal decision and I'd probably go M 1000 on it. My old M 1000 had a beautiful flame maple top and an OFR. The Ibanez neck has the potential to inch it out though.

But GAS knows no bounds. I planned on having a kid and ended up having two (twin daughters). Biggest life change to date. I sold nearly all my gear, BUT I've gotten back in gear acquisition mode and have rebuilt my stead with some expansions over the last 6 months. It ain't easy, kids are expensive. But seriously, being a dad is the best thing in my life. And think about future guitars as their future legacy. My girls love them.
Here's the real kicker; get ready for a new level of tax refunds. I married my long time partner and had two kids at once. That gave me a huge chunk of refund money that made a lot of room for new guitar purchases.
You can claim your child as a dependent during pregnancy too. FYI.
If you're not married, think about it. Might bring in more guitar money in the meantime.

FallOfHumanity

Reaction score
Congrats on the baby! My wife and I aren't even trying yet, but I'm making sure to get all my gear purchases out of the way before we do.

I'm glad you went with the M-1000. Would've been the one I chose, especially if you're playing Drop C. The Drop A bit worries me a bit, intonation wise, but aside from that, I think you'll be stoked.

erdiablo666

I'm from Canada...and they think I'm slow...eh
Reaction score
Congrats brother! Being a dad is the best thing ever. Trust me, this will not be your last gear purchase. You'll just have to be more "covert" about any future purchases :lol:

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Congrats on the baby! My wife and I aren't even trying yet, but I'm making sure to get all my gear purchases out of the way before we do.

I'm glad you went with the M-1000. Would've been the one I chose, especially if you're playing Drop C. The Drop A bit worries me a bit, intonation wise, but aside from that, I think you'll be stoked.

I was able to snag the m-1000 and an RGD7420 so I'll have the esp in drop c and the ibby for drop a and lower

erdiablo666

I'm from Canada...and they think I'm slow...eh
Reaction score
Wat? You bought both? That's bloody brilliant! I expect some real nice NGD threads

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Dude that is awesome! I've got a feeling you will be extremely happy with your purchases. :yesway:

Erdiablo666 is right, too. Awesome NGD's will be expected :lol:

WildBillJohnson

Reaction score
Congrats on the baby dude! I'm playing through an MH-1000 as we speak. Its a friends and I may be trading a power amp for it.... she is beat up, been on tour and has character for days!!!! It is loaded with emg 81/85. Nice fat neck which I find myself liking.... it just seems easier to dig into. I have nothing bad to say about it right now.... wanna hear it in action?

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Import superstrats don't age well in my opinion. They're constantly coming out with new models, and while they aren't necessarily better, it just reminds you that your model is old!

If I were going to have my last guitar, it would be something a little more classic. Maybe a Charvel So-Cal or San Dimas?

PAINGVR

Reaction score
')