Possibly my last guitar purchase EVER

• Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
So I've got a baby on the way and once she arrives I wont be buying any gear for a very long time. . . but I recently sold some old gear and have about $900 to spend before I'm a daddy and I'd like to get another 6 (preferably an esp m/mh-1000) and 7( preferably an Ibanez maybe a RGD). I've found some on ebay and just wanted to get some opinions as this, as the title says, may be my last guitar buy EVER. also I'm open to suggestions as far as what I should be getting.

mh-1000
ESP MH 1000 | eBay

RGD
Ibanez RGD7421 7 String Electric Guitar Seven String 26 5" Scale | eBay

m-1000. . . If you take shipping into account I think its a wee bit cheaper than the mh
ESP M 1000 Deluxe Guitar w Gig Bag | eBay

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
haha I'm actually excited to be a dad, it came a little sooner than anticipated but it has always been the plan

Abbath78

Reaction score
I'd suggest you get something with passive pickups not actives. If this is going to be your last guitar for a long time you're going to need some versatility

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Congratulations man!

Also- you will need to buy baby guitars, so there's always that...

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Tbh I've got no experience with those guitars but I figured I'd give a quick what's up as I'm in the same boat and have been considering something similar. So congrats man! :yesway:

MoshJosh

Reaction score
well congratulations to you to! and good luck on choosing gear its pretty hard when you gotta sit back and say "well if I dont like it I'm screwed" haha

MikeSweeney

Reaction score
depends on the tuning you play in if you want somthing in E or even E flat man grab a nice use les paul standerd.

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
well congratulations to you to! and good luck on choosing gear its pretty hard when you gotta sit back and say "well if I dont like it I'm screwed" haha

That is exactly 100% right lol. It makes you weigh options and specs much more heavily. So good luck in your decisions, too.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
like 10 minutes after I posted this thread I jumped on the M-1000 it just seemed right but still mulling over the rgd

shawnperolis

7 String Indie Game Dev
Reaction score
I had an ESP LTD MH-400 and it was one of the best guitars I've ever played on. Sold it because I got out of 6 stringers though.

edit: I found a picture of it, she's so pretty... (albeit a little dusty!)
272282_481631488513898_36927838_o.jpg

MikeSweeney

Reaction score
I had a Les paul with EMG in drop C and threw my peavey 5150 it was just evil sounded like the devil but Ibanez makes awesome LP shape guitars I've play many and never was disappointed

Rotatous

Reaction score
I vote spending a little extra time trying to find a used ESP standard Horizon with passive pickups - I'm pretty sure you'd be the most satisfied with that :yesway:

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
Regardless of what guitar you settle on, I just wanted to chime in to say that being a dad is so much more fun than being a guitarist.

haffner1

Reaction score
Congratulations! But dude, relax. It's not your last guitar. I thought the same thing when my first was born, but remember, as you get older you also tend to make more money. I only had 3 guitars when my youngest was born, and now I have about.... I don't know 12-14, I haven't counted in a while :lol:

Stangstag

Reaction score
Hey man, I used to have an M-1000. I can tell you it is an amazing guitar and it sounds punchy as hell. Im mad at myself for getting rid of it!
Anyways, if you end up with the M-1000, you should love it.

')