Possibly the heaviest thing ever? ONI 8-string clip inside!

• Thread starter petrucci_dude
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
Reaction score
Hahahah, so I'd like to think. But it's still pretty damn heavy!
Just really basic, messy, textural, choppy djent on my ONI 8-string tuned to E for some fun! :shred:

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/giantletterthree'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=8939869&scid=8939869&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

Playing around with a new mix and this is kind of a "first draft", any suggestions? :)

Scott

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
Reaction score
Hahaha thanks guys!

And yes, I did do a few things on purpose to add to the heavy feel and glitch sound. The snare is really clipping in the compressor just a tad. All kinds of processes in there but my main sound is:

- DFHS 1.0 for drums, triggering the Sonor kick with the Andy Sneap kick and blending them a little bit, then EQ'ing the crap out of it. I never like my kicks though, ever.
- ONI 8 > D.I. > Soundcard > Nuendo with Guitar Rig 4 on it.

That's it really! Haha

Reaction score
Pretty much how you described it to be. I like it.

The glitchy effects are a little distracting but sounds very cool at certain parts. I like the bass drop thingy that you put in.

Have you tried the "sonor of metal" preset by Mr. Thordendal? I think you can download it from the Toontrack website.

Guitars are delicious, very djenty.

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
Reaction score
Pretty much how you described it to be. I like it.

The glitchy effects are a little distracting but sounds very cool at certain parts. I like the bass drop thingy that you put in.

Have you tried the "sonor of metal" preset by Mr. Thordendal? I think you can download it from the Toontrack website.

Guitars are delicious, very djenty.

Thanks dude!

Yeah the glitch effects are meant to be almost overpowering at times, but they fit with the theme of the album I'm working on with my band lol.
No one's meant to know it's for X3N though haha. Shh

Scarpie

Reaction score
this was VERY impressive, i love the editing you did. like you are fucking with listeners ears. i love that!!!! and dude i thought your kicks sounded GREAT!!!

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
Reaction score
Hahaha wow thanks dudes!

@Travis: That's exactly how I had it planned hahaha :D some things will change later on but the final copy will be longer I'd assume.

@Scarpie: Man, I've always hated my kick drums hey. I never think I get them "just right" but everyone else seems to like them. I usually just settle one what I think is "okay".

Cheers again dudes

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Awesome, that guitar tone is naaaaaasty, in a good way.

It's so dark and glitchy, I fucking love shit like this :metal:

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
guitar tone could have more mids, be mixed higher and have more than a single note played?

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
Reaction score
guitar tone could have more mids, be mixed higher and have more than a single note played?

Normally I have a tonne of mids in my guitars, but for this piece it worked best like this. It's just meant to be scratchy, there's not meant to be any real harmonic content besides that low droning E, so I didn't make the riff interesting, it's just a rhythmic exercise lol.

Thanks dudes, glad most of you like it :)

')