Post a pic of the coolest guitar youve ever seen

• Thread starter METAL_ZONE
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Matt Crooks said:
Dave - e-mail sent. Do you have the V, or is it in transit?

In transit. Unfortunately, it probably won't be here in time for our gig Saturday. :(

OK, here is Matt's main seven. That's a prototype Jackson paintjob called oily fingerprint swirl. :lol:

StarFront.JPG

StarHeadstock.JPG

StarInlay.JPG

Matt Crooks

User
Contributor
Reaction score
I *like* oily fingerprint swirl. You should see it now - it hasn't been cleaned since I played out last (6 months now)!

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
sweet.
when searching the jcf for your rhoads pix, i saw that too. didn't post them though - the RR is by far my fav.

I have a 2 point limit when it comes to guitar bodies :p

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i'd post the coolest guitar i've ever seen but i'm not done building it yet at roberto-venn, and its my own design so i won't post the design until its all finished :lol:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it, Elysian!

[action=darren]continues to be envious[/action]

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Easy. Mine, although the LGMs are a close second:

Jackson2.jpg

noodles said:
It's a Star body, but pointed out, in black with abalone Celtic crosses and the same headstock. Going over to Matt's house always makes me jealous, because he literally has stacks of cool guitars.

I still prefer the Rhoads, even though Matt usually played the star. I liked the way the Rhoads played better, but that could be because it was more similar to my Soloist in neck shape and feel. (All three are slightly different, though.)

BAUOOOW
Reaction score
Man Matt, your Rhoads V is killer! What is that finish called on it? How much did it run you, if you don't mind me asking?

~006+1

Kamin

Reaction score
I would have to say my custom that's being built in Moscow :hbang:

The pic is a little funny, but it's 27 fret with 21st through 27th scalloped.

Attachments

• CS-0727_6059.JPG
    CS-0727_6059.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 72
  • CS-0727_6118.JPG
    CS-0727_6118.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 44

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
006 said:
Man Matt, your Rhoads V is killer! What is that finish called on it? How much did it run you, if you don't mind me asking?

~006+1

I can answer part of that - it's called "Rootbeer". I don't remember how much it was, but let's say being a Jackson endorser was pretty good to both of us...

bostjan said:
Nice. Shamray?

+1. Cool lookin' piece.

Kamin

Reaction score
bostjan said:
Nice. Shamray?
Yeap. A lot of delays in the build process but I can't complain, for the price the guitars they make are a bargain.

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
I wouldn't say these are the COOLEST I've ever seen, although I do think they're strangely cool for some reason. They're definitely among the most unique, though.

uzgallerylg93ny.jpg

aliengal239fc.jpg

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
For me this LGM comes closest to what I would want in a 7:

lev_bloodburst_01.jpg

I like the mix of sharp edges with the overall RG body shape. And red burst is by far my favorite color scheme. It may look better as trans redburst over mahogany, but it looks great as is. I would prefer a rosewood or ebony fretboard, but I like a cool inlay only on the 12th fret. Make the pickups black instead of white and I'd be all set.

-J

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
cut out the body for the guitar i'm building today, and one of my instructors was like "thats tits man!" i'm guessing in this case, tits=awesome haha

D-EJ915 said:
The old ESP Reindeer model was pretty sick, and reindeer blue is an awesome color...behold:

reindeer_2000_rdb.jpg

And of course, I'm always going to be a huge fan of the A-III, 27 frets of pink flying V madness. If I were getting a custom, I would definetely mod the specs on this monster:

a3.jpg

And of course, Aiji's flat-topped Forest monstrosity is as good as ever, it's not beveled like all other Forests, it's like a super-strat in design but looks freaking amazing:

2035e.jpg

these are quite possibly the ugliest guitars ever made.

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
giannifive said:
For me this LGM comes closest to what I would want in a 7:

lev_bloodburst_01.jpg

I like the mix of sharp edges with the overall RG body shape. And red burst is by far my favorite color scheme. It may look better as trans redburst over mahogany, but it looks great as is. I would prefer a rosewood or ebony fretboard, but I like a cool inlay only on the 12th fret. Make the pickups black instead of white and I'd be all set.

-J

I played that one.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Elysian said:
cut out the body for the guitar i'm building today, and one of my instructors was like "thats tits man!" i'm guessing in this case, tits=awesome haha

these are quite possibly the ugliest guitars ever made.
Whatever floats your boat man.

')