Post Hardcore Tone

• Thread starter thekingmaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thekingmaker

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying;
Thank you to all of you here at SevenString who answer the same questions over and over again. But I really appreciate getting personal answers to things.
So anyway, I've been playing guitar for forever in hardcore and metal bands. And now I'm playing bass for this band:

I need to come up with a rig pretty quick, and OF COURSE on a limited budget. I'm playing with a mexi J Bass. Main concern is volume. I can pick up a Carvin 810 for $200 from a buddy, so I'm mostly concerned about the head. I want a pretty gnarly tone. Both guitarists play 6505/mesa rigs, and a super heavy handed drummer. So I need to cut through hard.

Thanks pals, very much appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Used Tech 21 VT Bass pedal + power amp. You can get a Peavey IPR1600 or Carvin DCM1540L for $300 or less, and the pedal for $100 or so.

Levi79

Reaction score
Dude holy fuck. I legitimately really really love this. Like alot. I found your facebook and liked it. Also shared this song :D
As for bass tone, no idea dude :lol:

thekingmaker

Reaction score
Checked out the Tech 21 Pedal, definitely seems doable, especially with a Guitar Center discount :)

And @Levi79, thanks so much brother! We have a 5 song EP for free download on the facebook page.

broj15

Reaction score
Used ampeg or Hartke head plus a gainiac pre amp. That should do it for you.

Levi79

Reaction score
Currently downloading! listened to all of it already haha.

Latest posts

')