Post here if you are LEFT Handed .

• Thread starter Alex-D33
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I was forced at an early age by one of my teacher in the steiner private school to write with my right hand because she said I was the sun of satan.... :nuts:

Since I was a true left handed it traumatised me, I was only 8 years old....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
I'm left-handed for everything except guitar-playing and drumset playing.

RG7

Reaction score
I are teh left hands lulz.
I do everything with my left.
kick,
guitar,
scissors,
jerk,
sports,
EVERYTHING

Reaction score
My first teacher made me play left handed, I hated her at first but as soon as I realized how few options lefties have I was really thankful that she made me play right handed :)

Kheros

Seasons Change
Reaction score
I'm a pretty ambidextrous lefty. I can do whatever I do on my left hand with my right hand, except write.

Like most of the left handed people, I taught myself how to play right handed guitar. Mostly because it was hard for people to show me stuff, and there seems to be a lack in the left handed guitar production. I can still play lefty guitars, just not as good as I am with right.

metallatem

Reaction score
In talking with some friends, one interesting thing is which one of your eyes is the dominant one. I am lefty, but right eye dominant, so I do a few things righty like throw a ball and shoot pool and shoot guns.

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a lefty. My left is pretty dominant. Only play guitar "right handed".

Pseudonymity

Jens likes juice
Reaction score
I'm left handed but play 'right handed'. I'm not sure I understand the whole concept of left handed instruments. I mean, you use both hands to play guitar. Whichever one you choose, both hands are going to have to do something.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
I was lefty and played right handed. Then I started playing lefty and realized how much better my picking hand is; I've been a full time lefty guitarist since (1.5 years now). So I pretty much play guit both ways :D

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
:cool: Well, if you think about, guitar is really a left handed exercise, rock guitar anyway, demanding most of the dexterity of the left hand. So, if you're a lefty, start "right" as that's the hand that has to cope with the most... plus you don't limit the fuck out of your guitar selection. :agreed:

Herrseigneur

Maelsthorn
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a lefty but play guitar right handed. :noplease:I'm just completely annoyed by left handed guitarists,and even more by drummers with a reverse drumkit:squint:

( You know when you play a gig and every band share most of the drum kit....but one of the bands drummer is a lefty and play with the whole kit reverse:nuts:) When you start....you suck ANYWAY. And the fact that you suck less playing lefty isn't worth it in the long run IMO. That's what I like to tell myself when I enter a music stores with no left-handed guitars to be seen.

However, I admit that I secretly dream of learning to play left handed to fck with people's mind from time to time (hey, is the picture backward? He was right handed last year, right?) :fawk:

As for jerking off left handed....that is just wrong:nono:
I would be too concerned with suffering penile fracture due to my un-skillness

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
yay lefties!

i do everything left handed i think, can't think of anything i do better right handed.

hell, even when i played drums for the first time ever i kept hitting the kick drum with my left foot (there was a doublekick pedal if i remember correctly), and the snare with my right hand, haha.

')