post pics of your 7321

• Thread starter Metalhead666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey, just wanted too see all your pics of all rg7321's you guys own, cos im gonna buy one and so when i get mine (1-2 months, cause i have 2 save) i will post pics so as to keep my end of the bargain or whatever. any help would be really cool cause u know how it is when ya wanna see pics of the guitar u r gonna buy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Roland777

Reaction score
IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0631C.jpg

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Huh, I didn't know the RG7321 had white binding on the side of the neck.

And dude, you have a blaze custom in the neck???? How does that sound? I'm guessing that air currents in the room are enough to make sounds jump from your amp...

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
To be honest, one thing I've never understood is green pickups and green fret markers. To me, they are very ugly. No offense intended. To each his own. I just would like someone to explain this to me. I've seen so many awesome-looking guitars that I thought were ruined by green pickups or green fret markers (or both) and I've always wanted to ask why ANYONE would do that. Why green? To force people to look at it? And it's not a normal deep dark green either. It's a bright neon green... Is it to be obnoxious? Sorry. Don't mean to be rude. I'd just seriously like to know the reasoning behind it. I never even see other colored pickups (except the regular black, and silver and gold plated)

I think Metalfiend666's guitar looks great (except for the green).

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well guys, I've always liked green and I think the original black & green Universe is really cool. I like the kind of in your face colour clash. I did it as a bit of a homage to Vai and to get reactions out of people. If I'd just put regular black pickups in, people would just react as if it's a normal guitar. Now it's a marmite guitar. You either love it or hate it. But you can't argue that it doesn't sear though a high gain amp.

Nik - according to Dimarzio's tone charts, the Blaze Custom is pretty much just a hotter AN7 with a touch more mid. It actually pairs up really well with the Evo7. Only a minimal volume drop when going to the neck pickup.

Naren - Have a look at the colour options on the Dimarzio site. Red, blue, purple, yellow, the list goes on!

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Nik - according to Dimarzio's tone charts, the Blaze Custom is pretty much just a hotter AN7 with a touch more mid. It actually pairs up really well with the Evo7. Only a minimal volume drop when going to the neck pickup.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. 410 struck me as crazy output for a neck pick-up at a glance ;)

And on a side-note, I personally never understood the green either (or those ugly swirl paint jobs (sorry Ken ;) )....

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Naren - Have a look at the colour options on the Dimarzio site. Red, blue, purple, yellow, the list goes on!

Thanks for answering my question. That perfectly makes sense.

I have looked at the color options on the DiMarzio site and I think some of those colors would look cool and some wouldn't. I personally thought the green was the ugliest of them all, but that it could be nice looking if it wasn't a neon green but instead a dark forest green.

As for Vai, I love the guy and think 90% of his guitars look awesome. But he's owned over 100 guitars (he has pictures of them all on his site) and some of them, I think, just look ridiculous. I just never was a fan of the neon green. But, everyone's different 'n' stuff.

Nik: I never understood those swirl jobs either. They make me feel nauseous.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
7321s are NICE guitars. the new 5 piece necks feel so awesome and smooth. i would pick one up but i don't really want to deal with changing the pickups and whatnot. it's a fantastic guitar though. feels really nice and plays great. you won't be dissapointed.

neck binding =pure sex :D

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nik said:
And on a side-note, I personally never understood the green either (or those ugly swirl paint jobs (sorry Ken ;) )....
Swirls are really hit & miss. Personally, I like the black & green Jem's and the DNA's, but they have to be a "good" swirl. Nicely balenced with a good pattern. Some of the other swirls occasionally throw up one that makes me go "wow", but not often.

Roland777

Reaction score
Some dude over at jemsite.com makes wicked swirl-patterns. He did one with different shades of blue and white - that one looked HOT!

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
I can't believe I have lived this long without owning one of these sooner. I just picked mine up this weekend.
~A
vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Allen Garrow said:
I can't believe I have lived this long without owning one of these sooner. I just picked mine up this weekend.
They're amazing guitars for the money. The stock pickups suck, as most do in this price bracket, but stick a set of Dimarzio's in there and it's a killer guitar. The only real complaint I've got about it is the body contours. It's not as smooth as my RG7621 and RG7620. I'm gonna take the profiles from those and reshape my RG7321 to match at some point. But I've been saying that since I got it 18 months ago, so don't expect it any time soon!

Battle-axe

Reaction score
Well, heres mine...

7321_front.jpg

7321_back.jpg

It's really an awesome axe considering its price. Just need new pups! :hbang:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol:
all those RG7321's look the same, except for the one with the green pickups. customize, guys, customize!! :)

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Leon said:
all those RG7321's look the same, except for the one with the green pickups. customize, guys, customize!! :)

Yeah, and I think they all look better than the one with green pickups. I customize, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at my guitar. For example, my one guitar - I changed the pickups, changed the nut, added strap locks, and changed the tuners - but, from just looking at it, no one would tell I changed it. I personally prefer the way a guitar looks when I get it. I might change the electronics or something, but I don't usually change the look. Nothing wrong if you do, but I'm sure lots of people like the way their guitars look and don't want to add green pickups and purple tone knobs and yellow tuners.

Battle-axe

Reaction score
Leon said:

Just got mine, can't wait to do a little customization. Thinking abt zebra pups, and later, maybe, a blank ebony board with a pearl white paintjob. :hbang:

Roland777

Reaction score
I was thinking, what would it look like to have both pickups creme-coloured? I'm getting an AN7 and a BC, and that's the only matching colour combo they've got. Anyone who can testify?

')