POST PICS OF YOUR 8 STRINGS

• Thread starter Maniacal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scarpie

Reaction score
anyone here use lundgren m8's? i am curious as to whether m8 or emg 808, don't know which way to go just yet. cause cleans are very important to me as well as clear articulate but brutal distortions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Bulb uses m8's.

'clear articulate but brutal distortion' certainly describes his tone. And his cleans are wicked too.

Scarpie

Reaction score
Bulb uses m8's.

'clear articulate but brutal distortion' certainly describes his tone. And his cleans are wicked too.

true. bulb is great, and extremely talented. and he SWEARS by m8's. i just wondering who else has em and what they think of them.

Bassies7string

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Well, this is my attempt at building an 8, still in progress tho. It has an EMG DC and a slanted M8. The fanned fret neck plays very comfy but i'm still fiddeling with the electronics. Only the EMG works at the moment. I REALLY fucked up the paintjob, it was my first attempt and i will NEVER do that again!! I'm taking it off as soon as i have the time for it. Than a black stain and some tung oil and that's it. Enjoy! :hbang:

Attachments

• DSC00232.JPG
    DSC00232.JPG
    555.2 KB · Views: 192

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Well, this is my attempt at building an 8, still in progress tho. It has an EMG DC and a slanted M8. The fanned fret neck plays very comfy but i'm still fiddeling with the electronics. Only the EMG works at the moment. I REALLY fucked up the paintjob, it was my first attempt and i will NEVER do that again!! I'm taking it off as soon as i have the time for it. Than a black stain and some tung oil and that's it. Enjoy! :hbang:

Very nice

+1

:D

D

Desecrated

Hi Guys,

not bad

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
Not bad but you could use 40DC, not 45DC. 45DC with 8 string can be used as slanted pickup.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Very interesting Bassies. I like the body shape. Reminds me of a David King bass a little bit.

What two scale lengths did you use for your fan?

FortePenance

Reaction score
Yeah, really cool looking 8. The paintjob doesn't look too bad! Just reminds me a bit of buckeye burl.

Bassies7string

Reaction score
Thanx guys! Ill post more pics when i get the paintjob off.

@Apophis: the 45 was lying around in a local shop so i bought it. It takes 7 months here to get EMG's imported and im a impaciant guy:)

@ Durero, the bodyshape is somewhat similar to my all time favorite the vigier passion (see pic) The fan is made according to what conklin uses: 25" -27 3/4". Im not fully satisfied with the 27.3/4 because i feel that it's a bit to short. It intonates good with a .80 string.

Regards
Bas

Attachments

• vigier-passion-bass.jpg
    vigier-passion-bass.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 111

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
will we be hearing any clips form this one ?

I think we def will, there prob wont be any drums in the recording but i am guessing you just wanna hear the guitar anyways. Give me a little while to get used to it and all my new material i am gonna write is gonna be with this bad boy!!:hbang:

')