Post pics of your modded RG7'S !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noj

Reaction score
7321 i bought a couple weeks ago and in the process of buying another one so i can start the modding :D :D
4jNLXnu.jpg
[/IMG]

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, since the thread was resurrected, what the hell.

- APEX II
- Sanded and stained, headstock refinished
- BKP Aftermath set
- Bone Nut

9863388506_435d3bf57c_o.jpg

9863387876_e5b654caf4_o.jpg

9863482283_0ab82c1e94_o.jpg

9863385975_4dfe95b961_o.jpg

noj

Reaction score
haha! I was looking for threads with modded ibbys and 7321's, thought why not! the joys of getting my first ibby combined with late nights haha :p

noj

Reaction score
Went and got another one today :D Now to decide what to do to them!
ezQ7vG0.jpg
[/IMG]

Orthodox

Reaction score
bsCGpQ9.jpg

JqI0XWQ.jpg

My Magenta Crush beaut is almost there, blocked trem, white BKP Aftermaths, which I am very happy with and despite their dj0ntz reputation they are incredibly versatile and the cleans are second to none. Also swapped out the blade tip and knobs from my old strat on a whim and really like it, thinking of adding some pearl tuner buttons

Bigredjm15

Reaction score
I remember seeing a long time ago on some website or someone either custom building or modding an RG to make the Blue and white RG that Munky used to use back in the 90's. It had the pawprint on the 12th fret and white hardware. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

ilmari

Reaction score
I remember seeing a long time ago on some website or someone either custom building or modding an RG to make the Blue and white RG that Munky used to use back in the 90's. It had the pawprint on the 12th fret and white hardware. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Yes, that is one heck of a cool guitar, he had also one in red finish. He plays the guitar in Got The Life video.

MunkyIbanezBearpwa.png

Really hard to find any pictures of it. Someone made a lookalike, but every link or picture pointing to that site is dead. http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f20/munkys-blue-white-thingy-20554-2.html#post214230

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score

Not completely the same, but someone on rig-talk claims this used to belong to Munky.

IMG_20110119_141303.jpg

Matx

Ninja
Reaction score
I've got a grey sparkley rg7420 with a blocked off bridge that I either want to refinish with a dark ebony stain, or put a pickguard on. I can't make up my mind. Thoughts?

Boot-Paul

Reaction score
Finally got this beauty put together, Adam at Elysian Guitars built the body and modded a 7620 neck for me and I'm very pleased with the outcome. He also fabbed up a TAP pickup for this one that I have on a push pull pot.
DSC00469.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

BGEJ

Reaction score
Yes, that is one heck of a cool guitar, he had also one in red finish. He plays the guitar in Got The Life video.

MunkyIbanezBearpwa.png

Really hard to find any pictures of it. Someone made a lookalike, but every link or picture pointing to that site is dead. http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f20/munkys-blue-white-thingy-20554-2.html#post214230

Hi I bought almost 10 years ago a RG7620 modded to look like this guitar.

So mine is more "true" blue (compare to the blue-purple color of Munky's one), it's has the original basswood body, white blaze pickups, a custom bolt on (and not neck through...) maple neck with ebony fingerboad (and not rosewood like the original RG7620 neck), paw inlay at 12th fret, white binding, matching bleu headstock and original grey-black hardward (non white powder coated) : Low pro edge 7, gotoh tuners.
The neck is in 2 parts a bit like tension free neck, it's a bit strange but this guitar sound awesome and I don't have any problem with it yet. I had an other '00 grey RG7620 stock (but with Petrucci picasso drawing) and the blue one sounds and plays better imo.

Here are some pics. (I try to see how it will look like with a body binding before deciding of putting one or not...)

Attachments

• paw2.jpg
    paw2.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 81
  • paw3.jpg
    paw3.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 45
  • paw4.jpg
    paw4.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

')