Post pictures from your guitarheros!

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby

Reaction score
Yeah this guy made me want to take up the Instrument at a very young age.

Dimebag
dimebag.jpg

Cannibal Corpse was the first death metal band I listened to. It was when I was 12 and in math class. The music scared the shit out of me. I think thats what got me into it.

Jack Owen
jackup.jpg

I was at a pawnshop when I picked up a cd of his. I have been hooked since.

Steve Vai
SteveVai.jpg

This guy really made me want to check out a 7 string. He made it sound amazing unlike all the nu-metal bands of yesterday.

Rusty Cooley
rusty_main.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score

You couldn't find a better pic of EVH than that? That picture should be willed out of existence. :(

Mine have already been listed here, for the most part. The only one I didn't see? The most refreshing talent I've heard in more than 10 years.

ia.jpg

SeanC

loves metal
Reaction score
Most of my favorites has already been posted so I'll try to post some that havn't been posted already (at least I don't think they've been posted already)

Dave Mustaine
281x211.jpg

Alexi Laiho
Alexi.jpg

Alex Skolnick
skolnick2.jpg

and damn these pages take a long ass time to load!

Sebastian

Reaction score
Christian Olde Wolbers
l_a8a75c658e9bc2ed6f11586313ca5beb.jpg
l_e10c5e66630355b6ac979fffedbaa8c1.jpg

Jeff Hanneman
jeff044.jpg
29.jpg

Dino Cazares
dino9.jpg

Kakaka

I am with Jesus!
Reaction score
I'd recommend you guys to get blown away by what I call TONE(just let it play the song "The New Beginning":

www.myspace.com/threatsignal

The TOP DOGS of our present days: these guys have it all: feeling, weight, speed, exquisite technique, creative force. My personal favorite band:

Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieu from Trivium, Matt is my age, so I guess he is a closest reference than the other ones 'cause they're all old and walked around a lot. (note they hadn't had any tatoo done yet):
TRIVIUM30.jpg

The dudes from Threat Signal, brutal sound, highly skilled and with good taste for everything from voicing to mixing: pic attached

Attachments

• 1004819399_l.jpg
    1004819399_l.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 23

Kakaka

I am with Jesus!
Reaction score
I know them for like three years or something but like their sound a lot.
It's funny to say it but I discovered these younger bands in a moment in which I started to think there was nothing else to be created in music, nothing new to be done.

For me, Trivium, Threat Signal, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Avenged Sevenfold (though some fanatic purists dislike them) have made in these last years a total revolution in music. Children of Bodom, Norther, Scar Symmetry, Soilwork too, but they come from north europe, and the revolution there never stopped ever since ABBA (hahaha!!!).

So here it comes, some more main stream, but brilliant composers and players with some huge heavy sounds and maybe the most atmospheric music created by metalcore musicians. From The Avenged Sevenfold:
Zacky Vengeance & Sinister Gates:

live01.jpg

live06.jpg

From The Black Dahlia Murder, oh boy, this is what I call BRUTAL!

l_83a8a9b708b6fb6d638a0b403166fbe2.jpg

Kakaka

I am with Jesus!
Reaction score
pkhome_2.jpg

Phil Keaggy. He's simply unbelievable with the electric and absolutely sings through the acoustic, as if that was just an extension of his soul...
If you check his videos at youtube.com you'll see what I mean.

Gilbucci

Dude..for real?
Reaction score
Chuck Schuldiner
Chuck_Schuldiner-12383.jpg

Zakk Wylde
22E_zakk_wylde3.jpg

Paul Gilbert
Paul_Gilbert.png

Rusty Cooley
out8.jpg

John ''Man Bear'' Petrucci