Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

shredderroland

Reaction score
Are you diging the sustainer?

I'm not sure yet. It leaves me with only 1 pickup. You can use the sustainer itself as a pickup but it's configured to sound like a single coil which is not very useful on this guitar. I've read on the sustainiac website that it can be configured as a humbucker so I emailed Schecter but they said they never use humbucker config for the sustainiac.
With that said, the EMG 57 sounds amazing and you can use the Sustainiac to create sounds you'd defo not be able to without it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
1z3nmvl.jpg

Realised I've never posted a picture of my custom - amazing guitar.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Thanks! I ordered it many years ago but I don't have any good photos of it so this is the best I can do.

It has a Mahogany body/quilt maple top, Schaller Hannes, Lundgren "The One" pickups with black bolts, an awesome AANJ, super tight ebony board, Schaller locking tuners, 3pc maple neck and black body/headstock binding with white neck binding.

o5x7c3.jpg

RLG167

Reaction score
L-R: Dean USA Splittail, Dean 35th Anniversary Z (#97 of 150, owned and signed by Michaelangelo batio), Dean Eric Peterson Z, ESP EX std. MIJ that I did some custom work to, Jackson MIJ Lawsuit Explorer, 1997 ESP EXP MIJ, top: 1989 Charvel Fusion Custom MIJ, bottom: 2005 Gibson SG Special. I left out my 1970 Martin Drednaught. Enjoy the pic!

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
@RLG167 you should take the neck off that Jackson to check it out. It sat at Sam Ash in King of Prussia for years. I'm pretty positive it's a DKMG neck (or something like it) and maybe a Warmoth body??

RLG167

Reaction score
@RLG167 you should take the neck off that Jackson to check it out. It sat at Sam Ash in King of Prussia for years. I'm pretty positive it's a DKMG neck (or something like it) and maybe a Warmoth body??

@feraledge
I took the neck off right when I got it, the neck is stamped Japan and the body has no markings, so I'm going by what I've found in my research. I contacted Fender too and while they couldn't give me the info on the serial (They don't have records of Jackson before 2000), they said it looks like an early 90's lawsuit Explorer. Next time I restring it I'll take the neck off again and send you some pics, maybe you can help me decode it more

feraledge

Reaction score
@RLG167 I could be wrong about this, but I thought the serial matched the late 90s-early 2000s MIJ guitars. Isn't it like a 96-98 serial? Figured the hardware was off of a DKMG or DK2 of some sort with the neck plate. Isn't it a JT trem?
They might have done a one off or something, but the Japanese stuff was all production, unless it was just never sent to markets for the States. Jackson explorers are few and far between. I can't imagine Jackson not putting that info in the neck pocket, but, hey I could be wrong.
This is all I can find:
DSC_8154.jpg

That pic appears to be from some Philly area guitar event in 2010. No idea whose table, but IIRC, that guitar was used at Sam Ash in KoP probably then or around then. The folks at JCF forum would know for sure.

feraledge

Reaction score
@RLG167 Yep, I was right. Dude called "Hunt's Music" in Philly made that and a round horn Dragon V with Jackson neck.
Thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388140
He doesn't go into detail on making or repurposing the bodies but starts it out with this:
These guitars were made by completely destroying two perfectly good store bought guitars to create each guitar.
He seemingly just did this an a bastard V. Would appear that both bodies are Epiphone with Jackson necks.

RLG167

Reaction score
@feraledge Haha, how about that! Well, it plays fine and the neck is comfortable, maybe I'll hang onto it for a while ;) I measured the scale too, 24.3/4" (which now means every guitar I own has that scale, but I'm not complaining lol) don't know if this Can help give more info, but the serial on the neck plate is 9819107, and the truss rod has a brass nut, Gibson style as opposed to the recessed Allen key. thanks for the help, at least now I know what the hell it is. Sidenote, shows how much Fender knows about pre-2000's Jackson products

')