Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Tell me more.....

I'm on a serious trip down the LP rabbit hole right now:lol:
It's a 1975 LP Custom (had to contact Gibson to date it.. date mismatch). It originally was very off-white/maple looking and just got colored completely yellow over the years. My father bought it brand new for around $600 and gave it to me when I started. I joke that he made a terrible mistake and must've been thinking I'd quit after a month. People hated me for it growing up. BTW, still original hardware minus pickups. Here's the catalog pic that Gibson gave me:

LPCst_MapleBrd.jpg

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Thank god you kept it all this time! Definitely don't see many of those around.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Thank god you kept it all this time! Definitely don't see many of those around.
Ive only seen a handful. One in the wild, and a couple on a gibson facebook group when I posted mine.

It's the one guitar that I'd never sell unless it was life or death. One of my kids will get it, whether they play or not

Amenthea

Reaction score
Ive only seen a handful. One in the wild, and a couple on a gibson facebook group when I posted mine.

It's the one guitar that I'd never sell unless it was life or death. One of my kids will get it, whether they play or not

Dad? :p Maple fingerboard LP's are like my grail piece. So many brands have made something close but not quite what I want.

xzyryabx

Reaction score
It's a 1975 LP Custom (had to contact Gibson to date it.. date mismatch). It originally was very off-white/maple looking and just got colored completely yellow over the years. My father bought it brand new for around $600 and gave it to me when I started. I joke that he made a terrible mistake and must've been thinking I'd quit after a month. People hated me for it growing up. BTW, still original hardware minus pickups. Here's the catalog pic that Gibson gave me:

View attachment 91529
Did you get that from Mr. Music ?!!
I played one exactly like it there a few years ago!

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Did you get that from Mr. Music ?!!
I played one exactly like it there a few years ago!
My dad bought it somewhere maybe in Middleboro, MA or a surrounding town - could've been Boston if that's where it was located, but keep in mind he bought this in 1976. So unless you're referring to a "few years ago" as the 70's, then it wasn't the same one.

They're definitely a rare version, and like I said only seen a few of them ever. I think black beauty was the most popular, and then of course the one Randy Rhoads used with the ebony board.

xzyryabx

Reaction score
My dad bought it somewhere maybe in Middleboro, MA or a surrounding town - could've been Boston if that's where it was located, but keep in mind he bought this in 1976. So unless you're referring to a "few years ago" as the 70's, then it wasn't the same one.

They're definitely a rare version, and like I said only seen a few of them ever. I think black beauty was the most popular, and then of course the one Randy Rhoads used with the ebony board.
Hahaha no this was literally under 5 years ago! Awesome guitar, congrats!

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hell yeah, that's the one I think! Thanks! God I love the curves on it, love how bulky it makes the body look. Sort of how the Les Paul body is constructed below the horns.
I agree... wood grain gets me
Me too, wood somehow just makes every instrument look instantly sexy & classy. Wooden bodies will fit into any style of music or era in time with ease. It's a timeless design, in my opinion.

I also love the mystery behind such instruments because you can't always tell what style it's intended for. It's not always obvious.

Maybe in this case it is because he has his pickups set up set up for metal. But it could easily be for anything else & look the part not just sound it.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Absolute beauty! I get punched into the weakness of my gut when I see wooden guitars & basses. Which Ibanez model is this exactly? I need to note this one. :wub3:

Yeah it’s an RGA121. They’re rarer anymore than they used to be but I always loved em. Arch top, hard tail, Wizard neck. All the Ibanez things I dig.

There are a few different models of this, and a couple/few solid colors as well. The 321 is a flame maple top version, watch out for that one too.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah it’s an RGA121. They’re rarer anymore than they used to be but I always loved em. Arch top, hard tail, Wizard neck. All the Ibanez things I dig.

There are a few different models of this, and a couple/few solid colors as well. The 321 is a flame maple top version, watch out for that one too.
I want one of these so bad. Congrats on yours, shes gorgeous & I bet she sounds brutal! I was basically about to say what you did in that it's everything I love about Ibanez but all into one guitar.

How much did yours run you, or how much are should they be worth now? Oh yeah, I did notice a flat body version of that model when I was looking it up.

')