Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Naren, I dig your Les Paul. Last night, I was drooling on ebay. They're expensive though. A friend of mine has a 1989 one just like yours, except his is burgandy. Still after all these years, it has been his main player and although it needs a new fret job, it plays awesome. He says I should get one, he's told me that for many years now. I would love to own one. A white vintage one preferrably. :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

god9

Contributor
Reaction score
Heres one of the mini-cab

img0051mz5.jpg

and the PRS and strat:

img0052xm1.jpg

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Naren, I dig your Les Paul. Last night, I was drooling on ebay. They're expensive though. A friend of mine has a 1989 one just like yours, except his is burgandy. Still after all these years, it has been his main player and although it needs a new fret job, it plays awesome. He says I should get one, he's told me that for many years now. I would love to own one. A white vintage one preferrably. :agreed:

The two things about Gibsons that you need to be careful about are: 1. that you don't pay too much (I got my LP new for $900 and I thought it was a damn good deal, especially since list price is something like $2200 or so). and 2. That it plays well (A good playing Gibson is an amazing thing. Every time I play my Les Paul, I almost think about quitting seven string playing and just using my LP as my main guitar... Then I come to my senses and just enjoy the Gibson for how different it is from my Ibanez. My Gibson just has so much thicker of a sound).

I would recommend you buy one if you could get one for a good deal. I'd love an Arctic White Gibson Les Paul with gold hardware (those look gorgeous) or a wine red one with gold hardware. I used to prefer silver hardware, but I think gold hardware on LPs just looks great, especially when you combine it with a great color like ebony (on my LP) or arctic white or wine red... :yum: Sometimes I want to get me some sixes.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, i've been looking. I know they're expensive and if I ever got one, I wouldn't pay more than 1000. My friend scored his for about 900+ back in 1989. He told me the same thing. Get one for about 900. I've seen a few on ebay but, people are always bidding on them. One of these days, i'll come across one for a decent price. :agreed:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ryan, you thought I had no turns before? lol check these out: 12-64 in drop-C

parallelstrings.jpg

noturns.jpg

6fretboards.jpg

6sblah.jpg

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
holy shit man, I turn mine so much sometimes you can barely see the tuning peg with the low E :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If you have too many wraps you get slippage, usually I pull the string around the peg (and with the holes so if you look through them you see the nut) and put them through the far side, but this time I decided to just pull straight through, lol. I've never had a problem with using this few wraps but I've had problems with too many.

JMad81

Reaction score
D-EJ915, youve posted that V on the ESP forum before, havent you? I swear ive seen a pic of it before or one like it also with no neck pickup. What model is the viper, a vb-200?

Heres my 6s:
P1010909.jpg

johnw

Reaction score

More pics at my myspace www.myspace.com/nhojw

It's a custom Warmoth guitar. I'll post more when I put the metal logo on it tomorrow.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
^man that axe is hot.

My V-250 since he asked about it, lol, the viper is the VB-200

V250HF.jpg

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
If you have too many wraps you get slippage, usually I pull the string around the peg (and with the holes so if you look through them you see the nut) and put them through the far side, but this time I decided to just pull straight through, lol. I've never had a problem with using this few wraps but I've had problems with too many.

oh really? hmm, I've experienced the oposite... on G,B,E strings I agree that slippage is often a bitch, but I've noticed that with wound strings I get more tuning stability if I give it atleast a few well placed twists (in other words, not overlaping, not only does it look ugly, it's just not very good for tuning stability)...

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice MH-1000 too! and fucking badass amp! V2 FTW!!

How is that thing man?

johnw

Reaction score
The V2 is awesome!!!!!! And loud!!!!!

I have a video up on my myspace page of me playing the MH-1000 through the V2. I'm might make another vid of the Warmoth. I'll post the specs of the Warmoth a little later.

My myspace is www.myspace.com/nhojw

I've been playing guitar for 3 years and one month.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Frickin' sweet spalted top on that Warmoth! It looks great with the black binding, the maple board and those black fins.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
that was an impressive video, man, lol.

')