Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
The main guitars I've used have mostly been the same- this was from quite some time ago. Pickup changes aside, I parted with the cherry sunburst CE awhile back.
272911_2295569791638_5291194_o.jpg

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
My apologies for posting this! Hate the luthier not the guitar. I grabbed this last year but out of respect for the guys on here that got burned I won't do an NGD thread on it so this will be the one and only pic of it. Flame Suit on!!
P1010010 (2).JPG

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
My apologies for posting this! Hate the luthier not the guitar. I grabbed this last year but out of respect for the guys on here that got burned I won't do an NGD thread on it so this will be the one and only pic of it. Flame Suit on!! View attachment 90588
I will never forgive him for normalizing slanting the neck pickup (but also the whole black friday run stuff).

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I will never forgive him for normalizing slanting the neck pickup (but also the whole black friday run stuff).

I have seen others pre BRJ. This one has 27 frets....I have Caparisons with 27 with slanted neck pups. I get you on the whole Black Friday thing.....I won't be speak ill of the dead but yeah...what a clusterfuck that was.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I have seen others pre BRJ. This one has 27 frets....I have Caparisons with 27 with slanted neck pups. I get you on the whole Black Friday thing.....I won't be speak ill of the dead but yeah...what a clusterfuck that was.
I know other brands have done the slanted single coil neck pickups, but i can't really think of anyone doing the slanted humbucker besides him

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
So what can't you forgive then? It's not that it really took off.
Oh it was just an off hand comment since BRJ/BCR was kind of renowned for having questionable aesthetics imo.
Personally I just dislike the look of the slanted neck humbucker. It's just an aesthetic thing for me, I find having different angles on pickups/bridge very distracting visually speaking. I feel the same way about my strandberg and one of my 8 strings with their pickup routes being slanted at different angles versus the bridges.

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
just got this Tom Andserson Classic S and I am absolutely in love. This thing plays like a dream and I cannot get over how good it sounds. Seriously incredible instrument, and SUPER lightweight! Weighs like a pound at least! NGD coming soon

Attachments

• 6BCA37D9-D026-42B7-A84D-CC47FF8F173A 2-min.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Ant78

Reaction score
20210225_175252.jpg
Decided I needed a hardtail SSS strat in my lineup so I put together a partscaster.

Alder body, quilted maple pick guard, tung oiled maple neck with jumbo frets, Gotoh bridge, Hipshot locking tuners, and a set of Wilkinson pickups. Sounds and plays great.

Guy Corbin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here is almost all of my 6s.
Things Missing:
ESP LTD MK-600 Millie Petrozza Signature with Fishman Fluence Moderns in Military Green Satin, Setup with NYXL 9-46 in E Standard.
Gretsch Jim Dandy Parlour Acoustic.
Norman Acoustic (sub brand of Godin.) that i got given for free.

Details from left to right.
Fender Made in Mexico Vintera Road Worn Stratocaster in Reliced Nitrocellulose Candy Apple Red with Fender American Vintage 59' Pickups, Setup with NYXL 10-52 in Eb Standard.
ESP E-II MIJ M-II Horizon with Dual EMG 81s, Setup with NYXL 9-46 in E Standard.
PRS SE Mark Holcomb with Seymour Duncan Alpha/Omegas, Setup with NYXL 10-60 in Drop C.
ESP LTD EC-1000 FR in Vintage Black with EMG James Hetfield signature set, Setup with NYXL 10-52 in D Standard.
Jericho Elite 6 Baritone Evertune in Satin Blue Burst with Dimarzio Titans, Setup with NYXL 12-68 in Drop G.
Fender MIJ 62' Reissue Telecaster Custom in Candy Apple Red with Seymour Duncan Hot Stack and Vintage Stack pickups, Setup with NYXL 9-52 in Drop D.
Dean Karl Sanders Black V with Seymour Duncan Custom Shop SLUG, Setup with NYXL 12-68 in Drop A.
Ibanez SZ320 with Dimarzio Dominions, Setup with NYXL 9-52 in Drop D.
RAN One-Off Custom Baritone based on the Vigier Marilyn with Seymour Duncan Invader, Setup with NYXL 12-64 in Drop A.
Aristides 060 FR in Deep Blue Sky Sparkle with Bareknuckle Aristides Set (Holydiver/Emerald), Setup with NYXL 10-52 in D Standard.
Ibanez MMM1 Mike Mushok Baritone with Prototype/Early Production Bareknuckle Nailbombs, Setup with NYXL 12-68 in Drop A.
Jackson USA WR1 in Absinthe Frost with Dimarzio X2N and Liquifire, Setup with NYXL 10-52 in D Standard.
Ibanez Iron Label RGIT20FE-SBF with Fishman Fluence Killswitch Engage Set, Setup with NYXL 10-60 in Drop C.
Daemoness Atlantean with Seymour Duncan Black Winter, Setup with NYXL 10-60 in Drop C

')