Post Your Band's Website! (myspace/facebook/youtube/etc.)

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
i think it's natural thing. it shows the narcissistic nature of musicians :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While being a tortured artist whose vision is so grandiose that they're never happy with their own material so everything is a disappointment because they feel they don't have the skill/tools/soul/whatever, is in so much vogue these days.

It's 100% fine to love your work. Every musician should, that's the point of playing.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
While being a tortured artist whose vision is so grandiose that they're never happy with their own material so everything is a disappointment because they feel they don't have the skill/tools/soul/whatever, is in so much vogue these days.

It's 100% fine to love your work. Every musician should, that's the point of playing.

This...

If you can't enjoy it, how in any universe can you expect others to like it. You may get sick of your own stuff, but if you don't like it in the first place, then you're doin it wrong.

Duelbart

Reaction score
Wait what, that's like asking if it's bad that you love your girlfriend, or if it's bad that your clothes really fit you :scratch:

BMU

Reaction score
I'll listen to the latest things I've done over and over, constantly skipping back to it to reference against whoever was on my iPod. It's a pathologically screwed up combination of narcissism and self-criticism.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, man. Dont feel bad about it. How I look at it is that I write music that I like to hear and that makes me feel. If you're not getting that out of your own tunes, they why write them?

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I'd love to love my own music, or even my band....consider yourself lucky. There are some of us stuck so far down into a rut that we hate our own music AND our cover band. I used to love what I wrote. It's a blessing to please yourself, your hardest critic.

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I always thought people wrote music for themselves...

I mean why wouldn't you love what you write? Why would you write something you didn't care for?

I've always looked at it from the perspective of "This is music for ME. If other people like it, great!"

Reaction score
I'm currently in a phase where I'm only listening to my own music or the music of close friends. I never kept journals or photographs, music as journal entires always made the most sense. Super nostalgia engaged.

Either that or Billie Holiday - getting way into her again, but I digress, haha.

guitareben

Reaction score
Its a great thing!!! The most annoying thing i find when i write music is that i DON'T like it. And, also, as far as i can see, isn't the point of writing music to write it for yourself? Thats my outlook on it anyway ^^ (other people may have diff opinions... but i reckon the best music comes out when the artist really likes it etc :D )

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I love what I've created musically, it may not be as polished, produced, clear, EQ'd, compressed or technical as what I listen to, but it's something I created and has sentimental value to me, regardless of what anyone else might think of it.

Plus I write music to please myself primarily, so I love listening to it to make changes, see how I've progressed and relive what I felt when I wrote it. :)

Goatfork

Reaction score
Lamb of God said in one of their documentaries that one of the main reasons why they started making music is because it was just about impossible to go out to a record store and pick up a GOOD metal album at the time, so they decided to make music that they themselves would listen to.

Whether it's actually true or not, I don't know. Either way the message hold water.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I listen to the finished product a shitload for about three days once it's done and then never play it again. at that point it's months of writing, weeks of recording, and more weeks of listening to mixes and then you are completely and utterly sick of the song.

QFT. I can just now listen to our 2nd disc. It came out in 1998. :lol:

huhngott

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm here asking for your help. I've created my profile recently and i need some likes! I am recording an album and will release it on 2012, please listen to the preview of the song i've got there, i would say the music i'm playing is sort of Animals as Leaders? You tell me :)
Thanks, best regards!

Living Impressions - Wall | Facebook

')