Post your Bare Knuckle pics here

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
So, the aim of this thread is to get an exhaustive archive of all the Bare Knuckle cover options, especially those that aren't listed as stock on the website.

If we can build up momentum, we might even be able to get this stickied.

Do not post any "repeat" pictures. By that I mean pictures where the options are the same as a previously posted one. Theoretically, there should only be one picture of a seven string Bare Knuckle pickup, as only one uncovered option is currently available :noplease:.

I'll post mine when I get my seven string Miracle Man and Cold Sweat back.

James R

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Calibrated set of Alnico5 Warpigs in "battle-worn black"

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Calibrated set of Alnico5 Warpigs in "battle-worn black"

:hbang:
I have a Painkiller in battle worn black on the way. Hopefully Nick should have it today or tommorrow.

Here is the Cold Sweat in my Ibby. It is just white though.
361.jpg

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
man these pickups are all so sexy sounding/looking
sorry no pic, still waiting on my BKPs

but is there any explanation as to why there is only one option for 7 string pickups in term of covers? [that being none at all]

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
man these pickups are all so sexy sounding/looking
sorry no pic, still waiting on my BKPs

but is there any explanation as to why there is only one option for 7 string pickups in term of covers? [that being none at all]

Simply put - there are no viably bought seven string humbucker covers. Tim at BK buys all the components in the UK where there are no mass produced covers. it sucks - especially the lack of "burnt chrome" option :(.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
no-one really makes 7 string pickup covers...

if you ask tim though, i think he can chromify the bobbins and then distress them. at least he can do that to the plastic single coil covers.

if you get a hold of standard-size seymour duncan blackout plastic covers (can one get these things without getting a custom duncan passive with a cover, then yanking it off?), then you could easily have him do some trickery to it.

except for that though, you can get lots of different types of polepieces, and i'm sure he can do some things to make the bobbins look cool if you just ask him about it.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Here are some I've snapped over the last 10 months or so:

7-string (most models)

017.jpg

cs01.jpg

7-string (Warpig)

BKP4%20018.jpg

wp02.jpg

Gold Nailbombs

BKP4%20024.jpg

8-string Cold Sweat

cs8_bk_01.jpg

Some of the finish options (but not all)

finishes.jpg

Painkillers w/ custom camo finish:

PK_Camo_02.jpg

Warpig w/ distressed

warpig.jpg

Cold Sweat in white

004.jpg

Crawlers in zebra

007.jpg

Another custom camo PK

009.jpg

Burnt Chrome Miracle Man

013.jpg

Nailbomb w/ black matte cover & optional black screws

nb02.jpg

Warpig w/ camo

bkp17_camo.jpg

... hope that helps.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
Simply put - there are no viably bought seven string humbucker covers. Tim at BK buys all the components in the UK where there are no mass produced covers. it sucks - especially the lack of "burnt chrome" option :(.

hmmm that sucks
it'd probably be easy to make them yourself though
:scratch:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
it´s not too easy to make really, you need the proper machinery for that. alternatively, you could cut two pickup covers up and meld them together somehow.

again, if there was a way to get a hold of plastic covers, like the ones on the duncan passive-sized blackout 7 string pickups, we´d at least have a larger range of possibilities.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I've just had a thought - my Dad's Dad owns a business which deals with a mechanical and marine engineering - a lot of metalwork involved, and he has plenty of tools. Maybe, just maybe, he might be able to fashion some metal seven string covers...

Ramsay777

Is an A7X fan
Reaction score
I've just had a thought - my Dad's Dad owns a business which deals with a mechanical and marine engineering - a lot of metalwork involved, and he has plenty of tools. Maybe, just maybe, he might be able to fashion some metal seven string covers...

They most definately have the tools, machinery and tradesmen to whip up something.

As soon the "lack of seven string pick-up covers" subject came up I was gonna suggest it :lol:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
They most definately have the tools, machinery and tradesmen to whip up something.

As soon the "lack of seven string pick-up covers" subject came up I was gonna suggest it :lol:

Probably one of the stranger requests to E&M :). Still, it'd be cool to have a few made, and sent off to Tim for chrome plating and distressing/burning/acid washing (if he'd do it, which he should, cause he's a cool bloke) :).

Ramsay777

Is an A7X fan
Reaction score
If I ever get any spare time at work or if I'm down at E&M's place with the faither - I may have a fuck around myself, I'll need to have a look at a pick-up cover though - which I don't have :lol:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I'll be destroying the stock pickups in my ES335 soon enough. They physically NEED to go - they're absolute shit - so I should have a spare cover on hand before too long... :).