Post your fiearms guys.

YellowMustard

Reaction score
^ fuck man, your set when the zombies come to your house

Lol. I live on a 30 acre farm, and i'm about to get a Remington .308 and throw a high powered scope on that bad boy. So if and when those Zombies come, i'll be ready for em, picking em off left and right from my front porch.

I need to take some pictures of my Custom door breecher i just machined for my Remington 870, you guys will definitely get a kick out of that!

Lets keep this thread alive i love talking about firearms!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rob_l

Reaction score
This is the GSG after tac light and folding stock install, reflex sight on the way as well as a foregrip... The second is the HP 9mm tac rifle. Springloaded stock - 0 recoil. Barely know you're shooting it. It also got one of the Glock tac lights... $200 aint shabby!! :hbang: :metal:

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

YM - Not sure where 'Drew got that grip, it's Ebony and real MOP tho. I love it, it just makes the gun look less serious to me. It goes under the knife for the command-hammer, competition trigger, night sights and piccatini rail setup.... :)

YellowMustard

Reaction score

Thats one of the new gen Glocks with that insane stipling on the grip right? I tried one of those at a gun shop the other day and i was blow away on how aggressively those little bumps gripped the shit outta your hand and really locked the gun in your hand. It was almost like sandpaper rough. How do you like the new stipling?

rob_l

Reaction score
LOVE THE NEW G-4s grip design. Added the thickest backstrap and it was PERFECTION!! :hbang::hbang: And yeah, it takes a lot of the "snap" that .40s have away completely.

YellowMustard

Reaction score
LOVE THE NEW G-4s grip design. Added the thickest backstrap and it was PERFECTION!! :hbang::hbang: And yeah, it takes a lot of the "snap" that .40s have away completely.

Yeah .40's can have some decent kick to them, i think they favor more of the snap similar to the 9mm then they do the "pull"/"push" of the .45. To me the .40 can be alot more violent of a recoil than the .45's.

I love my 9mm's though, couldnt really tell ya why, i think it all boils down to cost of the rounds in the end for me.

In the end, the caliber really doesnt matter too much when dealing with these three calibers, its all about shot placement.

What kinda HP's do you use for daily carry? I'm a huge fan of Buffalo Bore 115gr. +P JHP's and Hornady TAP's, mainly because i've seen first hand the devastation they do to ballistic gelatin.

Sorry for rambling, i'm just passionate about firearms, as i see you are too!

rob_l

Reaction score
I load all my guns with ExtremeShock ESP rounds. The nitryllium/tungsten versions.

Daily carry goes from the Glock to the Ruger on thursday... :)

rob_l

Reaction score
Depends on what the Dept. uses where you intend to work. The Glock or Beretta 9mm would be a good start for semi-autos. Otherwise a Police Issue .38 revolver from S&W.

If you're just starting to shoot handguns, get a good gun to plink with. The Ruger M22 is an excellent place to start. Have one myself. Cheap ammunition means you'll spend more personal time at the range. :yesway:

Awfulwaffle

Reaction score
BAD

ASS.

You're the original Call of Duty. Those Mosin-Nagants have the same stopping power in real life?

Hell yeah. They 7.62x54r round is just about equal to the .30-06. I've only fired the Tula since I'm still in the process of getting ~70 years worth of gunk and cosmoline out of the Izhevsk, but the Tula kicks a bit more than my buddy's .30-06, and a bit less than a Remington 7mm Mag that a nice old fella at the range let me take a few shots with. It's pretty damn accurate too (although the Tula is counterbored), I get 4-5 " groupings at 100 yards with iron sights on a good day, and I'm sure it would be better if I were a better shot. Funny little tidbit though, the tula only fires straight down the sights with the bayonet attached. Reason is that they were sighted in at the armory (or re sighted for mine when it was converted to ex-sniper status) with the bayonet attached and it was soviet military doctorine to never remove the bayonet unless the rifle was in storage or the soldier was in a vehicle, and removing it changes the barrel harmonics a little. Result is, with no bayonet she shoots a little up and to the right :lol:

please post pics:scream:

Ask and ye shall receive .

Sorry about the shitty cell phone pics, I don't have a digicam. Tried taking a picture of the arsenal and year stamp and it was all blurry. If anyone really cares enough I can prolly bum one from a friend. The Izhevsk is currently on my dark ass balcony connected to my improvised electric gun cleaner, so pics tomorrow if ya want. It pretty much looks like the Tula but without the rubber butt plate. Definitely pics of it when it's all done and sniperized :D

SSPX0113.jpg

SSPX0115.jpg

SSPX0114.jpg

Daiephir

likes peanut butter
Reaction score
Prolly a little more accurate than mine too :idea:

I believe so, I don't need the bayonnette (althought my dad does have his) to shoot it in a proper straight direction :lol: And mt dad's is also more recent than yours. Still, nice guns you got there :agreed:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
^
People have been killed by some VERY simple things for thousands of years previous to the rifled firearm. Death has always been in the hands of those willing to deal it. Blaming the implements will always be a misunderstanding of humanity. The horrific shit that has been done with the unaided human body has often eclipsed the nature of the gun. Look into the mind to find the nature of men and monsters. :squint:

human-brain-vis304784-ga.jpg

Reaction score
I have a 1945 Mosin Nagant M44. Carbine version of the 91/30 with a collapsable bayonet. Love it. Blast's like a 2 foot flame out the barrel every shot lol. You can't beat an old surplus Nagant for the money!!!!

rob_l

Reaction score
The only thing I have to say on the topic of them being scary or dangerous is that this is typically only the case in the uninitiated and untrained. I'm an ex-Marine, SWAT trainee and CWP holder. I've fired most every weapons system availabe, and am proficient to a fault.

I understand the ramifications of any deadly action I may ever be forced to hand out. It's in the hands of the aggressor as to whether to run and live, or stay and die.

My duties over the years call for them, as they do now... And it's every citizens right to defend themselves. Using any means necessary.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
What scares me is not the guns themselves, but rather that people who I do not necessarily know and/or trust can be carrying them without me knowing.

It's the same reason I will likely never own a motorcycle. I may be the most responsible driver in the world, but it won't protect me from some jackass swerving into my lane at 60 mph.

Latest posts

')