Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
pupxwsmsjxvynbynsrii.jpg

THERE we go. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
That neck!! I wish I could get that on an actual strat shape somewhere, like a Suhr, would be all over that.
dude go to Warmoth

VMS13437a.jpg

and order one but with the white binding. Any inlay, fretboard radius and any frets that you like.

go and get a cheap or second hand Squier, trow this neck and be done.... and change the pickups too

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
FAS-027-top.jpg

Been using Helix Native and was thinking of going with the Helix LT, but I'm just not as happy with the sounds I'm getting from it as I think I would be with the greater tone shaping and better amp modelling in the fractal stuff. So, yeah. This.

A-Branger

Reaction score
You made me go to the warmoth website. Damn! This for the "NJ wannabe strat" would be great!

hahahahah youa re wellcome sir. jsut dont fall too deep into the rabit hole. Sometimes I wish I knew about warmoth earlier, I would have build a lovely arched top soloist.

but yeah that page took a good GAS of my time.

I personally for a NJ project with my surf green squire I would go with a dark rosewood neck with no inlays, and reverse headstock. But due to rosewood being funny to ship, I would go with wenge something like this one with a ziricote fretboard. mostly to keep the same color wood, but a better (for me) looking fretboard than with wenge

SN22269a.jpg

ideally with a jazzmaster hedstock reversed

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
FAS-027-top.jpg

Been using Helix Native and was thinking of going with the Helix LT, but I'm just not as happy with the sounds I'm getting from it as I think I would be with the greater tone shaping and better amp modelling in the fractal stuff. So, yeah. This.

I see we're in a similar boat. :lol:

With all the money I spent on my all-in-one pedalboard...

FAS-008-2.jpg

I'm thinking about just fucking ditching it and getting an AX8. :lol:
Not sure if this is a good idea or bad idea...

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Mesa TC-100
GAS for Mesa in EU is one of the worst things that can happen to your bank account.

A-Branger

Reaction score
from what I saw it looks like he only builds basses. you could always ask him. builder is michael tobias.
never seen one, but for what he charges for those basses I say go with a dedicated guitar builder, anyone good enough can make a stain color like that or at least send the guitar to someone who does

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I have a preorder in for one of the new Ibanez Iron Label RGD's through Sweetwater already, but damn, I might just have to cancel it for this. Because loud, almost obnoxious finishes are my thing, and this has it in spades. Also, slightly longer scale length and Fishmans is especially nice because I like a little more clarity when I go as low as F# sometimes, and I'm not a fan of the more or less auto-djent of the Dimarzio fusion edge pickups Ibanez is using in the Iron labels right now.
DPayXhhUQAAMYeV.jpg

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
That neck!! I wish I could get that on an actual strat shape somewhere, like a Suhr, would be all over that.

Check out the company that narrowly lost out on my business... Xotic! Fantastic guitar but it was $700 more than the EBMM BFR limited cost me.

upload_2018-1-18_16-33-26.png

upload_2018-1-18_16-33-46.png

upload_2018-1-18_16-34-12.png

dude go to Warmoth

VMS13437a.jpg

and order one but with the white binding. Any inlay, fretboard radius and any frets that you like.

go and get a cheap or second hand Squier, trow this neck and be done.... and change the pickups too

hahahahah youa re wellcome sir. jsut dont fall too deep into the rabit hole. Sometimes I wish I knew about warmoth earlier, I would have build a lovely arched top soloist.

but yeah that page took a good GAS of my time.

I personally for a NJ project with my surf green squire I would go with a dark rosewood neck with no inlays, and reverse headstock. But due to rosewood being funny to ship, I would go with wenge something like this one with a ziricote fretboard. mostly to keep the same color wood, but a better (for me) looking fretboard than with wenge

SN22269a.jpg

ideally with a jazzmaster hedstock reversed

Love me some Warmoth... I have two builds from them:

upload_2018-1-18_16-18-10.png

^ All wenge neck with SS frets, Locking Fender-licensed Schallers, Dimarzio Ritchie Kotzen Twang King pickups, and finished in inca silver with double white binding.

upload_2018-1-18_16-21-39.png

^ I also have a Warmoth Wolfgang body that is sitting on Randy's workbench, awaiting the perfect neck. Warmoth messed up the custom one they originally sent me (I went dark roasted flamed maple), and I just haven't found the right one yet. But it will have Dimarzio Fred (n) and Steve's Special (IIRC?), OFR, anodized blue locking Sperzels, and a neck lol.

Latest posts

')