Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
The Delta is their modern-high-gain-in-a-box preamp.

The Beta is their 180W flagship KSR Colossus type, while the Gamma is their KSR Ares type with 2 channels and focused on modern high gain brutality.

They had a GREAT sale over the Holidays, so now I'm having a hard time paying $500+ more for the same amp... and the pedal came along at a great discount, so I went that route.
Awesome. Let us know how badass it is when it shows up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
edwards-e-mv-125fr.jpg

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
The Delta is their modern-high-gain-in-a-box preamp.

The Beta is their 180W flagship KSR Colossus type, while the Gamma is their KSR Ares type with 2 channels and focused on modern high gain brutality.

They had a GREAT sale over the Holidays, so now I'm having a hard time paying $500+ more for the same amp... and the pedal came along at a great discount, so I went that route.
dammit now I need to save up and try one of these, it sounds so brutal in the demos, even the one where a guy is playing with p90s.

FloridaRolf

Reaction score
Out of 30+ high end guitars, ranging from J customs, ESP's, and anything inbetween - the regius is just perfect in every way.
It truly is, so I had to get one
I thought it would cure my GAS but I already fantasize about getting a Vidius because the world definitely needs more Vs!

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
dammit now I need to save up and try one of these, it sounds so brutal in the demos, even the one where a guy is playing with p90s.

Good to know... I have several P90 6-strings and I just bought a P90 7-string guitar! I'll have to post some vids on here, along with maybe some typically rounded-bottom PRS stock pickups, to show that it can make anything crush!

Restarted

Reaction score

If this is reasonably priced, I see myself owning it. I can't find a single thing other than the E-II logo that I don't like (ESP on headstock, E-II on 12th fret inlay would have been nicer but whatever). Otherwise every millimeter is perfection for me.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Good to know... I have several P90 6-strings and I just bought a P90 7-string guitar! I'll have to post some vids on here, along with maybe some typically rounded-bottom PRS stock pickups, to show that it can make anything crush!
the beta kind of reminds me of an engl savage or invader but clearer while still being heavy as fuck.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome. Let us know how badass it is when it shows up.

It came in yesterday. It is probably the most comprehensive and best sounding high gain distortion pedal I have ever heard or played. I'm eventually going to set up a bench rig with a SSS strat, dad-rock LP, and a Mayones 6 or 7 with BKPs and A/B it with some of my other high gain pedal favs: Diezel, AMT, CKK Anka, Sinvertek no5, CAA Fortis High Drive, Dracarys, Pisdiyauwot, Svisound, and of course a Hoe-tone Djent lol. It may be recency bias, but I'd put my money heavily on this.

The tonal controls are unlike anything I've ever played, in that other pedals say they can be dialed in to your rig, but this one means it.

The pedal doesn't have low to high gain settings. It pretty much starts at mid gain and then punches a hole in your wall. You can either dime the gain, or set it somewhere between 11am-3pm and then toggle the boost, which tightens the bass up considerably and adds upper mids. The "boost" was designed to be used that way - it's not your usual massive gain boost just slamming the front end circuit.

There are 3 stock EQ settings: Regular (MI Audio's Beta amp distortion with more low mids), American (Mesa? with less mids), and Marshall. They are intentionally dialed in to be widely different, so that you can then fine tune to taste with the EQ and contour knobs.

The contour knob is more than a standard bass control. Clockwise: fat low end, midrangey, treble slightly rolled off. Rolling off the contour tightens up the bass and also scoops the mids. I like it because you can really get different tones that complement your amp/rig, by adding/subtracting midrange via contour or mids EQ knob. They recommend adding with one and rolling off with the other to experiment. I found some killer tones through my Bassman 410 this way and took pics of the knob settings with my phone lol.

That leads me to my only complaint. With so many tones available, I kind of wish it had presets or was MIDI controllable. But that really is minor. The other complaint may be that it doesn't roll back nicely, like an OCD or D&M... but what the F, if you buy this you're probably not looking to play Albert King licks.

Afterthought: I really noticed how well it dials in when I moved over to the clean channel of my Splawn QR through a Randall Diavlo 212 v30. The Fender Bassman settings sounded terrible lol. A quick spin of the dials and it was just crushing even at low volume levels. The v2 apparently has an cab sim built in if you use a stereo Y cable with the output, but I haven't had a chance to mess with this feature yet. Hopefully MI Audio gets a USA distributor - their stuff is just too damned good not to be legit competition, especially around these parts!

tl;dr if you're in the DC area come by and get your nuts punched in by the Megalith Delta!

qzwtuqnhlux28cq5b4nf.jpg

Last edited:

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
6E982E32-0D29-4FB6-8AF8-6A72DD4A621A.jpeg
Why are these so rare :(

i just want a 7 ormsby TX gtr....

also: i miss having a strandberg. soooo comfy.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
@feraledge would be proud, this has grown on me and the local Jackson dealer can get one in very easily...
2914227516_gtr_frt_001_rr.png
Green is my favorite color, yet I think 1/100 times it's put on a guitar that it works. This is that time. As long as the SL Pro Indo QC has improved, this should be a brutally awesome guitar.

Reactions: Vyn

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Green is my favorite color, yet I think 1/100 times it's put on a guitar that it works. This is that time. As long as the SL Pro Indo QC has improved, this should be a brutally awesome guitar.

I've played/bought quite a few different Indo Pro Series models from across Jackson's range and they are pretty good. $60US-$70US budgeted in for a set of strings and a good proper set-up and they are bomb proof.

')