Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
I'd probably kill for an Aristides
a.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mpexus

Reaction score
How much are they selling it? Cant recall the exact model name of that Ibanez.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
I'd probably kill for an AristidesView attachment 59856

Have you ever played one?

I think they look cool, and the concept is cool, but I'm not totally sold on the sound.

I haven't played one, but I've heard people strumming them in Youtube videos. To me, they sound very bright, acoustically loud, but it's not a pleasant tone. It sounds bright, brittle, harsh and I don't know how well that would come across when plugged in.

I've yet to find any DI recordings from an Aristides. Most demos online tend to be djenty stuff or effect-laden shred.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Have you ever played one?
Sadly no.
I think the concept is really cool and to me they are more or less an hi-tech instrument.
From what I've seen on YT (not the djenty stuff) they seem very "harmonically rich" guitars, so I guess the choice of the right pickup plays a fundamental role.
I don't know if I'll ever get one (price :'( ) but people are praising them all over the internet.

edit : also, their finishes are incredible

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
From what I've seen on YT (not the djenty stuff) they seem very "harmonically rich" guitars, so I guess the choice of the right pickup plays a fundamental role.

That's pushing it.

narad

Reaction score
Maybe, I don't know, never tried one.
I've heard people who hate bkp pickups loving them on an aristides and the same with EMGs.

Then frankly they've just been using the wrong pickups in the wrong guitar. There's nothing magic going on here -- the pickup provides a natural EQ and some are a poor fit for some guitars. If anything to my ear the Aristides is pretty close to alder, though I've heard there is some tonal variation depending on how the material settles.

narad

Reaction score
^^ That said I like them a lot. They don't give you a lot to complain about.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Got an email from Lundgren pickups, new pickup called the Black Heaven, apparently like the M-series but different. The description doesn’t tell much, as expected.

40F252A5-ABFC-4FD1-90D7-260C1CE01F97.jpeg

The M7 is my favorite pickup of all time, and I’ve been meaning to get one for the bridge of my Mayones at some point. Though this looks like it might be pretty cool too...

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Got an email from Lundgren pickups, new pickup called the Black Heaven, apparently like the M-series but different. The description doesn’t tell much, as expected.

View attachment 59889

The M7 is my favorite pickup of all time, and I’ve been meaning to get one for the bridge of my Mayones at some point. Though this looks like it might be pretty cool too...
you'd think based off the name it'd be closer to their 57 heaven pickup

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Sadly no.
I think the concept is really cool and to me they are more or less an hi-tech instrument.
I don't know if I'll ever get one (price :'( ) but people are praising them all over the internet.

edit : also, their finishes are incredible

I'm also interested in them. They look good. People rave about them. But then again, it's the Internet and people rave about everything - especially when a good % of the "influencers" are paid to promote things.

But I won't plonk down €3,000 on something without trying it first. Synthetic materials has been done before. Aristides isn't the first by a long shot. Now maybe they did manage to find the secret sauce recipe of something better than wood, but IMO it's more likely that they simply are much better at marketing it.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
But I won't plonk down €3,000 on something without trying it first.
I agree and that's the only thing that worries me a bit.
My only concern would be spending 3000€ for an Aristides and then realizing that I would have found the same quality/sound on a 1500€ instrument.

narad

Reaction score
I agree and that's the only thing that worries me a bit.
My only concern would be spending 3000€ for an Aristides and then realizing that I would have found the same quality/sound on a 1500€ instrument.

Ah, I can pretty much attest you're not going to get the same quality at half that price. They're so well-made. But sound, yea, sure, plenty of things sound roughly the same as that.

I think you have to be a little superficial to justify the expense, since a lot of that goes into the finish work. If you appreciate the reduced amount of maintenance and adjusting you have to do -- if you live in a place with fluctuating humidity, etc. -- that's another reason it might be for you. I also like how smooth the neck/board is, since it's satin finish on the back, and richlight on the top, everything is just very smooth.

I mean, plenty of good things to say about them. But yea, these things don't necessarily add up, as I have trouble justifying them at that price. When the dollar was like 1/1 with the euro, that would have been a no-brainer.

I'm intrigued but I can't really justify dropping that coin on lundgrens again :lol:

You didn't like the lundgrens?

')