Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LegacyOfOddGod

Reaction score
I'm really craving an AX8 by Fractal to be the back-up for my Kemper but mostly upgrade the equipment I keep at home for demoing material (pod hd desktop now...). I think it would also give the spark to play a bit more in general. The POD HD is alright, but the feel just isn't there!

Iron1

Old School Blacksmith
Reaction score
Have really wanted one of these for awhile, and the local GC finally got one in - used - and I checked it out. The fret buzz was about the worst I've ever experienced on a name brand guitar... not sure if it was just the previous owner screwed the set-up pup badly, or that's just how they are... but I still want one, just not that specific one...

schecter235-1.jpg

KM-7 Transparent White

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Have really wanted one of these for awhile, and the local GC finally got one in - used - and I checked it out. The fret buzz was about the worst I've ever experienced on a name brand guitar... not sure if it was just the previous owner screwed the set-up pup badly, or that's just how they are... but I still want one, just not that specific one...

schecter235-1.jpg

KM-7 Transparent White
Used plus GC equals two major chances to set this guitar up horribly. I was less wowed with the KM6 I briefly had, but it wasn't a bad guitar. Given a bit more time or a lot less of someone else's grease on the satin finish and I probably would have felt differently. There have been some hiccups on these for sure, but overall consensus is positive - once electronics issues are handled when/if applicable.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I’ve said before (several times), all foreign guitars need a simple rewiring with quality components and all that stuff - and it’s super cheap! Provided you do it yourself of course. Not directed at you feral

Iron1

Old School Blacksmith
Reaction score
Used plus GC equals two major chances to set this guitar up horribly. I was less wowed with the KM6 I briefly had, but it wasn't a bad guitar. Given a bit more time or a lot less of someone else's grease on the satin finish and I probably would have felt differently. There have been some hiccups on these for sure, but overall consensus is positive - once electronics issues are handled when/if applicable.

Yeah, it didn't put me off to the line, but paying $700 for a guitar that at bare minimum requires a set-up just to be playable wasn't my idea of smart spending. :lol:

I’ve said before (several times), all foreign guitars need a simple rewiring with quality components and all that stuff - and it’s super cheap! Provided you do it yourself of course. Not directed at you feral

And that's why I usually hunt for lesser priced guitars, then fix them up. As long as you get a quality body and neck, you're good to go - so spending $1000 on a guitar that I have to turn around and gut just doesn't make sense to me. Case in point, I paid $150 for my JS32-7 and it plays radically better than that KM-7, priced at $700.

All that being said, man I *WANT* a KM-7 in transparent white. :lol:

A-Branger

Reaction score
Digging my new DK24 Pro Mod enough that I’m considering another Charvel. Maybe Style 2 like this.

2965151582_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

Then maybe given it a Shou Sugi Ban finish...

77daa421b099d2f86bbe6033844f06c6.jpg

go with the 5th from the right, the light orange/black one and go with gold hardware :) or black.

or go with the blue and chrome hardware....or black

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I will kill a man for an esp anchang star that doesn't have that hideous dean style headstock. all I want are star shaped guitars anymore.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
These are some serious value for your money buys, especially used. Whichever version I end with next, I want to give the DiMarzio Imperiums a shot.
Those are Dave from Revocation's PUPs right? I'm curious to hear what those are like. I love the Pro Mods. I think I've had 4 now?? Really want another.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Those are Dave from Revocation's PUPs right? I'm curious to hear what those are like. I love the Pro Mods. I think I've had 4 now?? Really want another.
yup, they're dave's sig pickups. i asked around about the imperiums and they're basically like a darker sounding PAF vibe from what I was told. If I could ever find a set used I'd bother trying em, but paying used bkp prices for dimarzios stings.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
yup, they're dave's sig pickups. i asked around about the imperiums and they're basically like a darker sounding PAF vibe from what I was told. If I could ever find a set used I'd bother trying em, but paying used bkp prices for dimarzios stings.

I’m seeing them for $84 each, seems about the same as most new Duncans. I’m good with that for a set.

')