Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was just looking at one of these yesterday (in person) thinking, man, crazy that this is ~$9k, and then right next to it are all the murphy aged historics, some with pretty blah tops, also in that same range. I mean, it did look pretty great, but I guess if buying a high end Gibson, the demographic is for more traditional tastes.

That's probably my one big gripe with the Murphy stuff, they don't choose the best tops. I get that it's more about fitting the specs of the old guitars, but some of those had knockout tops too.

Though the best they did was a number of years back. They did runs of "odd" tops. Stuff like reverse grain and one-piece. That looked really cool aged.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
ESP Warbird.jpg

I'm all over the place lately. Now this thing is creating insurmountable GAS. Not the price tag, and they rarely pop up used, but still. Talk about good looking aged guitars... and I actually like the obnoxiously big graphic.

olejason

Reaction score
my bank account is so happy it's not multiscale....

Really like this guitar, looks like something from a SciFi B movie from the 80's :agreed:View attachment 70808

Really digging these. I hope they do a production run of the 7 string model with ebony fretboard. The semi-custom price doesn't really seem worth it just to get ebony since you have to add a $250-$280 bridge as well.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Really digging these. I hope they do a production run of the 7 string model with ebony fretboard. The semi-custom price doesn't really seem worth it just to get ebony since you have to add a $250-$280 bridge as well.

I don't know if the brand is really alive? There are not to much of them in the wild. Also I sent them a message last week if they would come up with a multi scale in the near future but have had no answer till now. See the owner is active on the forum as well, maybe I should ask the question in the dark matter instruments threat.

For the bridge i think they only do the hipshot, i could find one NGD for a 6 string, which was original ordered with there own bridge, but came in the end with a hipshot. Also if you check their instagram the later ones are all with a hipshot bridge:scratch:.

Anyway in my opinion the bridge on a headless is quite important, if you are end up with tuners that are to heavy to turn with your fingers, it's quite limiting the use of the instrument, so for me it would be worth the extra money (unless there are some good reviews of their own bridge system)

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
^I am sooooo tempted by that Tele right now!! Fender actually says these are made with pine instead of ash, but you can't really tell with the white blonde finish over it.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Random squiggly frets --- so you can now have a perfectly reasonable excuse for playing way out of tune with whacked out intonation

??

That’s the whole purpose of those squiggly frets - it improves the intonation.

I'm assuming he was joking lol...

You were joking... right?

')